Craig_1986

Xercise4less CRS Harlands debt demands

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 891 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am hoping I can get some advice on my xercise4less membership.

Summary of my story:

Signed up at my University campus October 2015.

I thought the payments would start after an induction at the gym and I never attended.

Noticed I was paying and put a cancellation request in in march 2016, as I still had not attended the gym.

Cancellation was rejected as I was in a 12 month contract.

Forgot about this and was reminded when I noticed a payment on the 2/1/17. Gave notice again on 3/1/17.

Cancelled DD as payments are made in advance.

As my notice fell into a new billing month, by 1 day, xercise4less want another full months payment. I feel this is really unfair as I never even stepped on the premises of the gym and paid them 16 months. Spoke to their finance team and they didn't want to know and advised me to speak to the branch manager of the gym. I phoned the local gym and the manager was not in, so I left my details and was advised I would be called back. This was 2 months ago and I never heard back.

I now have demands from harlands and CPS for £171.47

Any advice?

Thanks

Craig

Goget the whole lot back u der the banks dd guarantee!!

You never attended!!

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi Craig and welcome to CAG

My advice differs to DX's.

You agreed to a 12 month agreement and had no good grounds to cancel during the initial 12 months (illness; injury; relocation; redundancy - any of which should have been notified to the gym or Harlands at the time).

However, your failure to use the facility at all, plus the fact that you tried to cancel in March 2016, clearly put the gym on notice of your intent to cancel at the earliest opportunity.

If you signed up for 12 months in October 2015, your final payment was due Sept 2016.

So my advice is to contact the bank and instruct them to refund you all payments made to Harlands from October 2016 onwards.

The bank should do this without question but let us know what happens.

When Harlands find you've recalled the payments, they'll be unhappy but there's nothing they can, or will, do about it apart from make empty threats. We'll help you with the one and only letter you need to send Harlands once you've got your money back.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks DX and slick123 for your response.

As much as I would like all the money back I accept that I did sign up for 12 months, even if I wasn't fully familiar with when it would start. I will get in touch with my bank and ask for a refund from the end of the 12 months and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig and welcome to CAG

My advice differs to DX's.

You agreed to a 12 month agreement and had no good grounds to cancel during the initial 12 months (illness; injury; relocation; redundancy - any of which should have been notified to the gym or Harlands at the time).

However, your failure to use the facility at all, plus the fact that you tried to cancel in March 2016, clearly put the gym on notice of your intent to cancel at the earliest opportunity.

If you signed up for 12 months in October 2015, your final payment was due Sept 2016.

So my advice is to contact the bank and instruct them to refund you all payments made to Harlands from October 2016 onwards.

The bank should do this without question but let us know what happens.

When Harlands find you've recalled the payments, they'll be unhappy but there's nothing they can, or will, do about it apart from make empty threats. We'll help you with the one and only letter you need to send Harlands once you've got your money back.

Thanks Craig and let us know when the bank has refunded what you want.

Then we can deal with Harlands who will NOT be happy about the refund !! :wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks Craig and let us know when the bank has refunded what you want.

Then we can deal with Harlands who will NOT be happy about the refund !! :wink:

Update:

The bank complied with my request and sent me a refund for payments made after the 12 month period. I am receiving calls almost daily from CRS, but have yet to actually speak to them. should I answer or just ignore?

Thanks

Craig

Ignore the clowns, BUT you MUST make a diary of every call they make, and any other contact these clowns make with a view of taking legal action against them for the criminal offence of harassment.

Get onto social media and embarrass the gym on there, let their members know just how they will be treated should they dare leave!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Craig,

Please confirm the date of the latest DD refunded by your bank.

In the meantime, ignore ALL calls from Harlands/CRS. They are chancers !!