Legal Charges on My Property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having to sell my house after my business was destroyed by civil servants who didn't know what they were doing. I have been effectively living on my savings for the past five years.

The problem is that I have several charges on my property from about 11 or 12 years ago. When these charges come to court, what amount of the debts will the judge award to the creditors? Some of the creditors are the original lenders (banks) but most are debt purchasing companies who have bought the debtor accounts for pennies on the pound.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the standard practice here is? I's be thankful for any advice.

The charges dont " come to court "...the debts are settled when /if you ever sell the house from the Equity remaining...and the amounts will be the same as the judgment amount plus any interest if applicable.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Joint mortgage p'haps when they got the charges?

Could they just be restrictions??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, it isn't a joint mortgage. It's solely in my name.

But some of these old debts are for up to £9,000. The debt purchasing company will have paid about £700 for these old accounts. I can't believe that £9,000 can just be awarded to a DPC when I sell my property, not when I have other financial responsibilities. My mother is in a care home and I'm responsible for her.

So can I stat a claim against these legal charges before I sell my home? I'm sure no judge would award in favour of a bunch of DPC chancers.

Have you checked to see if there was any PPI on any of the original loans?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

But some of these old debts are for up to £9,000. The debt purchasing company will have paid about £700 for these old accounts. I can't believe that £9,000 can just be awarded to a DPC when I sell my property, not when I have other financial responsibilities. My mother is in a care home and I'm responsible for her.

Sorry,

I can't help with your question but I am curious about something.

Why would a creditor sell the debt on so cheaply

- less than 8p in the £

- when it is secured by a legal charge on your house?

I understand why unsecured debts that are years old and probably disputed will be sold that cheap, but why sell that cheap for a loan secured by a legal charge on your house?

I can see that the lender will sell on the debt at a discount to get cash now but it seems an enormous discount on a secured loan at today's interest rates.

I'm not disputing your figures, just genuinely curious why a secured debt is sold so cheaply.

Maybe the original lender thought you'd live there for another 50 years!

sorry but you should have done something about these years ago.

the boat has sailed 3 times around the world by now

not sure if there is anything you can do?

other than reclaiming

and that boat might have sailed too.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no I think you'll find they got CCJ and ALSO latterly got CO's because the OP never responded to anything..easy win.

and they

Sorry, I can't help with your question but I am curious about something. Why would a creditor sell the debt on so cheaply - less than 8p in the £ - when it is secured by a legal charge on your house? I understand why unsecured debts that are years old and probably disputed will be sold that cheap, but why sell that cheap for a loan secured by a legal charge on your house? I can see that the lender will sell on the debt at a discount to get cash now but it seems an enormous discount on a secured loan at today's interest rates. I'm not disputing your figures, just genuinely curious why a secured debt is sold so cheaply. Maybe the original lender thought you'd live there for another 50 years!

They wasn't secured when assigned/sold...unsecured debt bought for say 10/15p in the £ and then judgment....then charging order to secure the judgement..this is what happens when you dont deal with a court claim.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I wasn't able to deal with the claim. It isn't that I didn't want to. Stuff happens. In my case I had a successful business which I built up from nothing which was destroyed by civil servants in 8 weeks. What was I meant to do?

done now

but next time

defend all on MCOL doesn't take 2 mins to do.

its a website tick box

can you fill us in in what the original debts were please

and who is the company named on your charges against your house.

and they

Hmm. Why do you want to know specific details on the original 12 year old debts and the names of the companies who have an interest in my property?

How could that possibly help?

Those debt hogs have their noses firmly in the trough and will be keeping their piggy eyes on forums just like this one. So I'm hardly going to publish details in the public domain.

So why are you asking?

why not 1000's of others do every day.

you want any help possible

we need any information possible.

cant see what you can be even remotely scared about

what more can they do to you......they have a charge on your house

and unless you've been stupid enough to use an ID that will ID you

pray tell me how the beep they'll even know who you are.

you came here for help....

they type of credit

who it was from

and who got the charge

all will tailor any advise we might give.

your call

but its a bit silly asking for help and then saying nop I wont tell you.

we've had 1000's of court claims here where details are regularly freely given

and never lost yet

all we don't need is anything directly related to you.

dx

and they

:|

i'm a DCA troll I must be 102K posts!

and they

I am amazed at the attitude of some people when ask the Site team for help

They expect that they can look into their chrystal balls and somehow can give them the advice that they want

If their is no imformation given by the poster of the question how the hell can you expect to get any useful help

Remember they giive thier time and expertise for nothing

The charges dont " come to court "...the debts are settled when /if you ever sell the house from the Equity remaining...and the amounts will be the same as the judgment amount plus any interest if applicable.

Regards

Andy

They wasn't secured when assigned/sold...unsecured debt bought for say 10/15p in the £ and then judgment....then charging order to secure the judgement..this is what happens when you dont deal with a court claim.

Andy

I think the above posts answers the question raised sufficiently...nothing you can do now..apart from live with it.

Andy

Thread now closed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks