• Tweets

• As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

enterprise_seo

Legal Charges on My Property

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 912 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am having to sell my house after my business was destroyed by civil servants who didn't know what they were doing. I have been effectively living on my savings for the past five years.

The problem is that I have several charges on my property from about 11 or 12 years ago. When these charges come to court, what amount of the debts will the judge award to the creditors? Some of the creditors are the original lenders (banks) but most are debt purchasing companies who have bought the debtor accounts for pennies on the pound.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the standard practice here is? I's be thankful for any advice.

The charges dont " come to court "...the debts are settled when /if you ever sell the house from the Equity remaining...and the amounts will be the same as the judgment amount plus any interest if applicable.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Joint mortgage p'haps when they got the charges?

Could they just be restrictions??

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

No, it isn't a joint mortgage. It's solely in my name.

But some of these old debts are for up to £9,000. The debt purchasing company will have paid about £700 for these old accounts. I can't believe that £9,000 can just be awarded to a DPC when I sell my property, not when I have other financial responsibilities. My mother is in a care home and I'm responsible for her.

So can I stat a claim against these legal charges before I sell my home? I'm sure no judge would award in favour of a bunch of DPC chancers.

Have you checked to see if there was any PPI on any of the original loans?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would not have consented to anything so daft. So, no, there would be no PPI.

But some of these old debts are for up to £9,000. The debt purchasing company will have paid about £700 for these old accounts. I can't believe that £9,000 can just be awarded to a DPC when I sell my property, not when I have other financial responsibilities. My mother is in a care home and I'm responsible for her.

Sorry,

I can't help with your question but I am curious about something.

Why would a creditor sell the debt on so cheaply

- less than 8p in the £

- when it is secured by a legal charge on your house?

I understand why unsecured debts that are years old and probably disputed will be sold that cheap, but why sell that cheap for a loan secured by a legal charge on your house?

I can see that the lender will sell on the debt at a discount to get cash now but it seems an enormous discount on a secured loan at today's interest rates.

I'm not disputing your figures, just genuinely curious why a secured debt is sold so cheaply.

Maybe the original lender thought you'd live there for another 50 years!

sorry but you should have done something about these years ago.

the boat has sailed 3 times around the world by now

not sure if there is anything you can do?

other than reclaiming

and that boat might have sailed too.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

no I think you'll find they got CCJ and ALSO latterly got CO's because the OP never responded to anything..easy win.

spreadsheets 

Sorry, I can't help with your question but I am curious about something. Why would a creditor sell the debt on so cheaply - less than 8p in the £ - when it is secured by a legal charge on your house? I understand why unsecured debts that are years old and probably disputed will be sold that cheap, but why sell that cheap for a loan secured by a legal charge on your house? I can see that the lender will sell on the debt at a discount to get cash now but it seems an enormous discount on a secured loan at today's interest rates. I'm not disputing your figures, just genuinely curious why a secured debt is sold so cheaply. Maybe the original lender thought you'd live there for another 50 years!

They wasn't secured when assigned/sold...unsecured debt bought for say 10/15p in the £ and then judgment....then charging order to secure the judgement..this is what happens when you dont deal with a court claim.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I wasn't able to deal with the claim. It isn't that I didn't want to. Stuff happens. In my case I had a successful business which I built up from nothing which was destroyed by civil servants in 8 weeks. What was I meant to do?

done now

but next time

defend all on MCOL doesn't take 2 mins to do.

its a website tick box

can you fill us in in what the original debts were please

and who is the company named on your charges against your house.

spreadsheets 

Hmm. Why do you want to know specific details on the original 12 year old debts and the names of the companies who have an interest in my property?

How could that possibly help?

Those debt hogs have their noses firmly in the trough and will be keeping their piggy eyes on forums just like this one. So I'm hardly going to publish details in the public domain.

So why are you asking?

why not 1000's of others do every day.

you want any help possible

we need any information possible.

cant see what you can be even remotely scared about

what more can they do to you......they have a charge on your house

and unless you've been stupid enough to use an ID that will ID you

pray tell me how the beep they'll even know who you are.

you came here for help....

they type of credit

who it was from

and who got the charge

all will tailor any advise we might give.

your call

but its a bit silly asking for help and then saying nop I wont tell you.

we've had 1000's of court claims here where details are regularly freely given

and never lost yet

all we don't need is anything directly related to you.

dx

spreadsheets 

You sound very desperate. Too much content ... what are you after?

Trying to help you perhaps?

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

:|

i'm a DCA troll I must be 102K posts!

spreadsheets 

I am amazed at the attitude of some people when ask the Site team for help

They expect that they can look into their chrystal balls and somehow can give them the advice that they want

If their is no imformation given by the poster of the question how the hell can you expect to get any useful help

Remember they giive thier time and expertise for nothing

The charges dont " come to court "...the debts are settled when /if you ever sell the house from the Equity remaining...and the amounts will be the same as the judgment amount plus any interest if applicable.

Regards

Andy

They wasn't secured when assigned/sold...unsecured debt bought for say 10/15p in the £ and then judgment....then charging order to secure the judgement..this is what happens when you dont deal with a court claim.

Andy

I think the above posts answers the question raised sufficiently...nothing you can do now..apart from live with it.

Andy

Thread now closed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 912 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you