rbs employee, halifax and capital one customer being ignored

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i sent a letter 2 months ago to both halifax and capital one and neither of them have replied with my data protection information and iam due to send another letter to them both any advice on what to do?

rbs i work for the royal bank of scotland and they are using my employment as a tool to making me pay the charges saying 'it would not look good on your employment if you were to argue agianst these charges' what should i do there?

surely this should not appear on your employment record? personally I feel they are seperate issues and should be treated as such but somoene who knows about employment law would maybe answer this query for you.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

CMD - have you informed the mods that you work for the banks? And I advise that you start your own thread for any advice so that people can help you directly!!

Everyone else - have you been following DayGlo trhead as he has loads of stuff on this about court and the basis DPA and judges power to change defaults etc etc

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

I would think the issue of your personal banking records as under the dat protection act is quite different from the employmentd ata thatis kept on you. Do you know you can make an appointment with HR and ask to see your employemnt record and not details of anything other than your employemnt should be on theree. When you ask to see it, ask that your union rep goes with you.

But bare in mind to work in any financial house you have to pass a credit check and this is to show you are credit worthy and in good financial position to handle others money!!!

So if you start claiming against the banks and incurring charges they could interperate this as not been in good financal situation!!!

It stinks but its true, I got a job offer withdrawn because of failed credit check dont care now though as it changed my whole career path!!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

hi

rbs i work for the royal bank of scotland and they are using my employment as a tool to making me pay the charges saying 'it would not look good on your employment if you were to argue agianst these charges' what should i do there?

I would have thought that under the terms of the Data Protection Act, confidentiality and all that would come into play.

In other words, they can`t legally pass this information onto your employers.

You would also be protected under employment laws, as your employers could not be seen to penalise you for your external financial dealings, unless of course it affected your ability to carry out your work role.

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

cmdo83, Lets face it, the banks know they've been rumbled. The charges made to your account are unlawful. If any employer made unlawful charges to an employees wages, bonus scheme, shares account etc. they could expect the employee to question them. Request a copy of your current employment record from HR. Also, keep copies of all letters - make notes of any conversations you have including date and time, the person who you talked to, and what was said. If this stops any promotion in the future, or it goes to a tribunal you can then refer to detailed notes. Print out all emails and do the above for all telephone calls.

• 3 weeks later...

I also work in banking............. and you *do* want to tread really carefully with your employment record. Banks would be exceptionally touchy about you, as a respected, loyal, comitted member of staff going and filing a law suit against what they would perceive as "your peers and colleagues".............no matter what the others say on this forum. It's not to say there's nothing you can do - but it's not quite as simple as for probably majority of people here who are "outsiders" to industry and don't have to rely on sensitive verbal references for their next job/ career move..........