• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

West v Lloyds ***WON***

weststreet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me the right e-mail address to use to chase up a DPA letter ?

I sent my letter off 03/04/06 Recorded !st class with P.O. for £ 10.00 fee. The Royal Mail site isn't showing it as delivered so no tracking available. Have asked P.O. enquiries if the P.O. has been cashed but reply will take 2 weeks. So I'm in limbo - I don't know if the problem's with Royal Mail ( lost ) or Lloyds.

So I thought I'd e-mail Lloyds and ask for confirmation they've received the DPA request ( would at least know whether it's in-hand or whether I have to re-do it if lost ) but what's the right e-mail address to send this query to ?

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lee

I think the fates are conspiring against me. Sent an e-mail to the above but it wasn't accepted :

Your message

To: Contact Us

Subject: DPA Request

Sent: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:01:03 +0100

did not reach the following recipient(s):

Contact Us on Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:01:28 +0100

The message could not be delivered because you do not have create

permissions on this folder or it is only available to folder owners at this

time

The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=gb;a=

;p=lloydstsb;l=IMC0604131401HYSYJ0T0

MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:LTSBUK:EXCRSLTSBNET002

Any other e-mail addresses that would work ?

Thanks

If you have internet banking then you can do it from their site . If it is now showing a different email address on the site can you please let us know.I sent all my letters by email to that address with no problems .Maybe they are being swamped and have blocked it but I really can't see that.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Can anyone tell me the right e-mail address to use to chase up a DPA letter ?

I sent my letter off 03/04/06 Recorded !st class with P.O. for £ 10.00 fee. The Royal Mail site isn't showing it as delivered so no tracking available. Have asked P.O. enquiries if the P.O. has been cashed but reply will take 2 weeks. So I'm in limbo - I don't know if the problem's with Royal Mail ( lost ) or Lloyds.

So I thought I'd e-mail Lloyds and ask for confirmation they've received the DPA request ( would at least know whether it's in-hand or whether I have to re-do it if lost ) but what's the right e-mail address to send this query to ?

Thanks

I used [email protected]

That was a couple of weeks ago

Thanks All

My home computer doesn't work with this site, so had to wait till at work to respond.

HD - I used your e-mail address and it hasn't come back, so we'll see what happens. Mjanet, don't know what was up with the Us address, but I couldn't get through on it.

Feeling frazzled here. The account was closed last year and we have only a handful of statements for it. Weren't online with it then, so we really need those statements/info before we can go forward. I actually think Royal Mail haven't delivered it/have lost it.

I'll sit tight for a couple of days to see if I get a response from [email protected] . Otherwise I think I'll have to send the letter off again and get another postal order ( no cheque book ).

Thanks for all the help.

When you say that Royal Mail have not delivered, have you checked 'Track & Trace'

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/track

All you need to do is enter the date you posted it and the reference number from the ticket you stuck to the letter. This should then tell you if/when it was delivered. If it wasn't, then I would get onto Royal Mail.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Spice

I already have. It says tracking unavailable till delivered ie not delivered. But I know sometimes the posties don't scan them in so there was a chance it really had been delivered. I was hoping the penny berryman e-mail would mean they provided the info anyway ( thinking it's lost in the branch system ). Just my luck, I send it recorded - and it gets lost !

An idea - I've read somewhere here that Lloyds won't accept cash at a branch ?? It would save me time now if I give the letter plus £ 10.00 at a branch ( not where the account was at ). Is that not possible ??

Thanks

In all honesty, I think that if the post office says it has not been delivered, then it probably hasn't been. Hand delivery would be the next best option. Make sure you get someone at the branch to sign for it, and also for the £10 DPA fee.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just starting my own thread to keep track of things. This actually is for my O/H who I've been helping to sort out his finances/debts.

Early days for us. Today hand delivered the DPA letter to a Lloyds branch with the £10 fee.

I haven't a clue what the charges will come to. O/H was self-employed with long gaps between jobs. I know the credit cards/loans etc got bouced whenever he was in a gap. When he finally told me how bad things were, we went through what statements he had, and in one month Lloyds had charged over £360 in returned d/d's and unauthorised overdraft fee. But because he didn't keep statements this month could have been a 'bad' month with nothing like it before. Like I said we've no idea what these charges will add up to over the 5 years ( he closed the account this time last year )

Will update this thread as we get more info/further along the path.

This sounds pathetic but ........ we've just had our first e-mail from the infamous Keith Boden and felt quite chuffed .... like something is happening at last.

Have been advised that your request is being dealt with under reference xxx. Our Copy Statement Unit will be in touch with you in the near future.

Regards

Keith Boden - Lloyds TSB

How sad is that ??

I got one of those today, arn't they crap. On the phone to phone bank for my last 12 months of charges, already upto 4k inc intrest, it is scary how they have got away with it for so long

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

30/06/06 Money Claim 6QZ55487

Shocked at the speed. DPA letter & £ 10 given at branch on 20th April. Response from Lloyds by post today. No statements ( which is what I was expecting ) but :

' View statement entries ' - List of charges/type/date/value

' Customer Notes ' - O/H's history with them. All the abbreviations mentioned in one of the main threads, haven't a clue what they mean e.g. EXMGMT.

Charges are £ 1,500. Will get O/H to sign first letter asking for refund and send tomorrow.

Just doing the first request for refund.

BF's template says ' I calculate that you have taken £xxxx plus £xxxx which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £xxxxx '

It's the interest bit. I thought you couldn't recover the overdraft interest unless it was totally/provably generated by the charges. And I thought the 8% interest only applied when you file the Court claim.

So am I correct in thinking I am only asking for a refund of the charges back at this point ?

Sorry if it's a dumb question :(

You are correct.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Stupid it might be but when i claimed from Nationwide(and won).I claimed the interest they showed going out with the charge as well! they paid.I will claim purely for the charges from Lloyds untill they get nasty...

No luck wished just determination...

john r

Received the standard 'get lost' letter today. Geeze Lloyds are fast ( which is good ). They were very polite i.e.

' Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your account '

Plus we got the mandatory leaflet ' How to voice your concerns?' plus they will help refer the complaint to the FOS if required. What we expected from reading other posts. So letter before Court action goes out tomorrow.

Our time lines are pretty similar- I receive the automated reply for the prelim letter yesterday and am just waiting a few more days before sending my LBA :-) At least Lloyds do seem quite quick to respond, hopefully we'll have our money soon! Keep us posted.....

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."- Margret Mead

Hiya :-)

Am also helping o/h against loyds,saw bank manageress yest gave her LBA,o/h been "had"for £5378 !!! claiming for 5yr as to fit in scc,enjoyed myself soooo much taking letter in.....13 days.....and counting...credit cards next,Contenting myself helping o/h whilst i wait for my own statements..The bank manager accused my o/h of stealing as he used there money(going O/D)to pay his bills :-x ,she got told nicley of course!! ...That the bank allowed the tranactions to go so consent was given by the bank,They then xxxxx a"fee"so miss "V" just who xxxxx from who and who is acting outside the law,shut her up.LOL,keep u posted

good luck

"great this site eh":smile::smile:

EDITED - Please refrain from the use of language that may be libelous. This can have repercussions for our site, as well as the user.

• Confused 1

Dont get mad :-x get even :)

Thanks sweet & lizzie

LBA being done now. It's strange, it's kind of scary and a bit exciting mixed together. Never done a small claims court thing before either. Seems weird issuing proceedings against a big financial institution ........ but I got a lot of comfort from reading other people's posts. They've gone through this same cycle and as long as you do it properly .... hopefully ( fingers crossed ) we'll get this money back.

• Confused 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks