• Tweets

• I got a text message from Royal Mail last Thursday to say they would be delivering a package to me that day. I was out with my wife all day, and got another message later that day to say the package had been delivered to me or a "neighbour". When we arrived home, no card had been left by RM, so my wife checked with all our neighbours to se who it had been left with. But it hadn't been left with any of them.   The text message also had a tracking number, and when I checked the RM tracking site it just said "The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference WJ915772456GB . Please try again later". 4 days later, it is still showing the same message. And to make matters worse, I have no idea who the package was from, but I am expecting several deliveries.   I have trawled RM's website looking for a number to ring to report this, but every option I select invariably just returns to the original page. CAn any of you suggest a number for me to call to report this? I live in the Belfast area.   Now, an aside to the original problem, I also got a text the same day from the RM number, to say "There is an item waiting to be confirmed by Michael" (ie me), which goes on to impy that I had won a prize in RM's annual Currys prize draw. It includes a website address to go to to claim the prize. Now I'm no dozer, as we say here, and I know its a [problem]. But is it possible the 2 incidents may be linked? The first to give the impression that there was a package for me, the second to imply the package is a prize which I have to visit a website to claim? Its the time of year when almost every household in the country is expecting some sort of package in the run up to Christmas, so would be a fairly easy [problem] to pull. I'm not even impressed by the use of my name an mobile number, as I'm bound to have had these stolen in a security breach at sometime or other.   If there is a genuine package, I know its highly likely that I'll never receive it now. But I need to know where its from so I can let the sender know asap.
    • they cant just change their mind as to what condition was breached, it has to be given on the screen ticket ad the NTK and match one of the conditions on the signage at the time.   If I employed you to cut my grass and you did a rubbish job of that and I decided to sue you for not watering the flowers I cant suddenly change my mind when I realise that is a loser and say that you didnt cut it in a nice stripy pattern when there was no such mention of that condition in the agreement.   GOGW is admissible to show that thier client doesnt really have a contractual claim for the sum at all. they will say they are being generous but the truth is they are abusing the courts to try and coerce you into paying money that isnt actually owed and they know it. half of what they ask for is unlawful under the terms of the POFA but they do like to try it on as it mitigates their costs of the actions they lose
    • so just follow the advice given in the other threads and if they are stupid enough to threaten court action you respond to that but nothing before that.   The barriers might have been removed due to a loack of planning permission so chack with the council. If they know nothing about any of it then enquiries to the land agnets/management co would be in order.
    • "Dear Simple simon" as Simon Renshaw Smith owns the company   drop the reference to your lawyer. if you had one he would be writing this letter dont ask for an explanation,  it only repeats what you say 2 lines later anyway
    • you ignore this begging letter. Also yu check with the council about planning permission, if you cnat find it on the planning portal you ask the council planning dept about any applicatiosn for that address. You cnat assume things but you can state that you do not belive they have the necessary contracts/permissions/consents because they have failed to provide them when requested under CPR 31.14 now there is a thing called Standard Disclosure for all civil proceedings (CPR 31.6) so they cant wriggle out of it so easily as that includes anything that adversely affects their case so if they wont produce their contract with the LL then you can say that you believe they have failed to do so because it aversely affects their case. they are then caught by the "when did you stop beating your wife" impossibility.   make sure that you have all documents you need to avoid them throwing it back at you but generally there wont be an equivalent if you arent the driver!  
  • Our picks

Housemartin

Lowells Statute Barred case help - need to Appeal ro County Court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 917 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Would very much appreciate some guidance in putting together an appeal for county court.

Mainly in terms of putting paperwork together.

All. help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

You posted this is the bailiff forum with no details about what you are appealing.

If you are seeking to make a court application, then perhaps post up a paragraph explaining the basics and then site team can make sure the thread is in the right area on CAG to receive help required.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi would really appreciate some help in putting together an appeal for county court. what papers do I need and what format should the statements be.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you in advance

care to enlighten peeps the problem, so they can possibly help with ideas/advice

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I apologise. I am appealing a court judgment that Lowell were able to claim a statute barred debt was not statute barred because they said a default notice was issued.

We need full details of the claim please and of your defence.

Please post up the claim form and your defence in PDF format and also a copy of the judgement.

Have you actually filed formal notification of the appeal? If so please would you post this in PDF format as well.

What papers do you have which you feel you need to put together.

Really need a bit of guidance on the format of statements etc.

see para 6# above

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

if you already have a CCJ, you need to file to set aside using the N244 in our library

but we need far more info please

might be best you complete this please

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

and if you DID file a defend to the case

also post that up too as BF advises

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

You can only attempt a set a side if this was a default judgment and no defence submitted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

other than that it is an appeal and that can be on matters of fact or matters of law, the latter being the more likely to get you success.

To add to ericsbrother you would actually be seeking permission to appeal (unless at the original hearing such permission was granted highly unlikely I would have thought).

You would also have to lodge your permission to appeal within 21 days of the original decision.

You would then need to show at said hearing your point(s) of law on which you are basing your appeal.

The judge would then either grant an appeal or dismiss it.

The costs would be incumbent on yourself.

You would also need a transcript of the original hearing for an appeal,

I cant conceive of a scenario where it wouldn't,

they don't come free you would need to submit an EX107 for that and pay for that (the cost of which is based on the length of the transcript).

Perhaps you are confusing a set aside with an appeal ?

The two things are completely different beasts.