Asset Collections claimform - Multiple Lending Stream PDls in one claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right I have now checked all four loans against the reference number on the claim form. It doesn't match any of the loans. The claim form does not state multiple loans anywhere it just refers to one loan. Can I use this to my advantage or am I clutching at straws?

Also my court date isn't until 21st December, yet I have to have my witness statement etc in by this Monday, 18th September ... does that sound right? As everything Im reading seems to suggest 2 weeks before? Sorry if I have misunderstood.

Thank you

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I have now checked all four loans against the reference number on the claim form. It doesn't match any of the loans. The claim form does not state multiple loans anywhere it just refers to one loan. Can I use this to my advantage or am I clutching at straws?

No its a vital error they can only claim and rely on the reference number within their pleadings.

Also my court date isn't until 21st December, yet I have to have my witness statement etc in by this Monday, 18th September ... does that sound right? It varies from court to court to court...As everything Im reading seems to suggest 2 weeks before? Sorry if I have misunderstood.

Thank you

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you, Andy.

They sent an email in October, with the same reference number as the one on the claim form with pdfs of all four separate loans attached could this be them trying to lump them all into one? And is that allowed?

Sorry for all of the questions, just don't want to get any of this wrong and rely on incorrect assumptions from me. :oops:

Read CPR 16.4 (2 a1)

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part16#16.2

Contents of the particulars of claim

(1) Particulars of claim must include –

(a) a concise statement of the facts on which the claimant relies;

(b) if the claimant is seeking interest, a statement to that effect and the details set out in paragraph (2);

© if the claimant is seeking aggravated damages(GL) or exemplary damages(GL), a statement to that effect and his grounds for claiming them;

(d) if the claimant is seeking provisional damages, a statement to that effect and his grounds for claiming them; and

(e) such other matters as may be set out in a practice direction.

(2) If the claimant is seeking interest he must –

(a) state whether he is doing so –

(i) under the terms of a contract;

They have stated the reference number of the agreement they rely on...for you to be liable you can only be liable to the value of that agreement/reference number.

If they had stated you was liable for numerous accounts which have been amalgamated and rolled into account number reference xxxxxxxxx that would be a different matter...but even then it would require your consent that the accounts were amalgamated and replaced the initial agreement.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Does this look ok for a WS? Im not very clever but have tried. :confused:

IN THE ------------- COUNTY COURT*

Claim No. ---------------

BETWEEN: -------------------

Claimant

Asset Collections & Investigations Limited

AND

Defendant

--------------------------

WITNESS STATEMENT OF ------------------------

I -------------, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim.

1. On or around the 2nd June 2017, I received a claims form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton, for the amount of £2-------

2. The agreement number/ reference number does not relate to any account I own.

3. The particulars of claim state that this claim is for 'an unpaid loan funded by The Lending Stream. I have no idea what this is, upon checking my Lending Stream account there is no loan with an agreement/reference number the claimant refers to. Nor for the alleged sum of £2-------

4. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

5. There were no details about when the alleged default occurred, the degree of default or details as to how the sums claimed have accrued.

6. On the 13th June 2017 I made a formal written request to the Claimant, sent by recorded delivery and including a £1 fee (which was cashed) for them to provide me with a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

7. On the 13th June I made a CPR 31.14 formal written request to the claimant, (no solicitors mentioned on the claim form) sent by recorded delivery, which was received and signed for.

I enquired for information including:

1. Agreement/contract

2. Notice of assignment

3. The Default notice

4.*Statement*of Account

8. The claimant has not complied with any of my requests and have not sent any related documentation clarifying or proving the alleged debt, and therefore defaulted payments, or service of default notice, despite my entitlement to inspect these documents.

9.The claimant has not been able to clarify by way of an itemised list how the alleged balance was derived and the legality of the charges applied to the said balance. The claimant has not in any way proven the existence of the alleged debt.

10. The Claimants pleaded case is that the Defendant entered into an agreement with Lending Stream under account reference ----------------. I am uncertain as to which account this refers to. It is accepted that I have had loans with Lending Stream in the past however the account number given does not relate to any information I have, therefore it is essential that I have sight of the agreement relied upon by the Claimant to be able to accurately identify to what the claim refers.*

Statement of Truth

I, --------------, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: ________________________________

Dated: ________________________________

Looks fine to me :wink:

Thank you once again Andy.

Have just made a donation.

Is it ok to send just the WS? I am unable to access copies of letters I sent etc.

I notice there are no exhibits...why are yo not able to attach /provide copies ?

Oh and do I need to send both via recorded delivery? Normal should suffice just ask for a receipt as proof of postage

Thanks

Andy

Copy new ones for our templates..if reconstituted versions of documents are legal for creditors in court ..then the same applies to you the defendant.

Hi me again,

I have been emailed their witness statement and also they wont be attending - The Claimant respectfully begs your Honour to excuse the Claimant’s non-attendance in person and kindly ask your Honour to accept this letter as written notice of non-attendance in accordance with CPR Rule 27.9 1(a).

I think I may have a problem ....

They have included a NOA stating - We refer to the fixed sum loan from Lending Stream LLC Dated (03/08/2013*this may contain multiple loans), regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 – the loan agreement and any related guarantee being the Assigned Documents and the Loan of (£100.00*this may contain multiple loans) from Lending Stream LLC (Assignor) to (Debt)

I dont know what to do now

Do I need to upload what I have?

What do I need to remove?

All of my personal details?

Do I need to remove his name?

Agreement numbers?

read upload

redact anything that could be used to ID YOU.

names, ref numbers etc.

ONE multipage PDF please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no that's perfect and small in upload size well done!

no default noticies I see ...urm..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I dont know where this leaves me now.

Any advice would be welcome.

I have to file and serve by 18th.

Are they ok to merge all loans? I never ever agreed to this.

Also, I don't know if it is relevant but he has lied in his witness statement.

He states that 'At no point between purchasing the debt and commencing Court Action did the Defendant

inform the Claimant of any change of circumstances. All postal correspondence was sent the

address details that were provided by The Lending Stream, which have been confirmed to be

the address the Defendant is residing at based on the N9B form submitted confirming this.'

Yet the NOA was sent to my old address. And the court papers were sent to a newer one.

Also it states that I have not been in touch with them - 'The Claimant attempted to contact the Defendant by telephone and email on numerous

occasions as to ascertain why the full contractual payment could not be made. The Defendant

failed to respond to the Claimants messages, calls or emails. The Claimant then pursued

collection activity to retrieve the outstanding balance.'

They wrote to me in March 2016 at newer address I do not have the letter though. They sent NOA to old address in June 2016 so I never got this but if you could see the letter the address is in a different font so I dont think they did but obviously cant prove that. They then wrote to me at newer address again in September 2016, have a photograph of that letter.

I have a screenshot on my phone showing that I contacted them in October disputing the debt via there website and nobody got back to me. (Only just found this this afternoon) I disputed it as I didnt recognise the reference number.

Their particulars refer to a " Loan " not loans or combined loans...no account numbers...hence this reason.No default Notices...they have disclosed Notice of Sums in Arrears...dont know why?

What are default fees ?

as far as I can see 13 re: exhibit 2,2a,2b,2b ARE NOT DEFAULT NOTICES...oppss!!

and they

as far as I can see 13 re: exhibit 2,2a,2b,2b ARE NOT DEFAULT NOTICES...oppss!!

Just said that above DX

silly billy takes me ages to hit send sometimes.....time flies...:lol::lol:

and they

Sorry, I'm a little slow. Am I still ok going forward with this. I'm trying to research as much as I can but it's quite confusing.

Should I amend my WS should I add the 2 new points I mentioned? How his isn't the truth regarding address and also how I contacted them to dispute the debt.

You just need to amend your witness statement to take into the account what you now know having received their witness statement (of a fashion)

Stick to none compliance with your section 77 request...and no default notices disclosed...their particulars fail to plead numerous loans rolled into one....issuing a single claim for 4/5/ different agreements.

The default charges of £40 and interest (whatever they are for?)

Claiming further interest on the claims section 69...

Have a go at amending it and inserting any new points and I will take another look at it.