• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Kwik fit broke my car

Andytfay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I took my car to kwik fit in winsford today for a simple oil and filter change I received call saying that a button which I now know to be a oil valve has been broken from the oil filter housing and that my oil light has come on. When I arrived I was handed the broken plastic valve and told I need to go to another garage for the repair as he couldn't fix it he also recommended that I have my car towed and not to drive it he also refunded me for the oil change and filter. I took my car today to kwik fit in totally perfect working order only to pick it up in an un driveable condition. I am now left with a broken car and probably a very hefty repair bill because they broke it.

Get a formal complaint in to the area manager. Sounds like the "mechanic" is absolutely messing his pants right now.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

One thing you have to remember. Theyre not mechanics. They're tyre fitters doing it on the side. Your first step is to go in there in person and speak to the Manager. Then depending on what they say, demand the area manager to be contacted.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Make sure when speaking to their manager, you get the manager to put their response in writing. You'll need a record of whats happening, incase they refuse to pay to restore the vehicle to the condition it was in before they touched it.

Also, make sur eyou put your foot down with them. DOn't agree to any compromises. You want your vehicle restored to the condition it was at when you left it at the garage. No if's, no buts, no excuses.

yes defiantly they have stressed me out put me in a position where ive had to and lucky enough to borrow my dads car in order to get to work Monday. I don't know how to upload the document I have it on computer as .jpeg because I sent it to kwik fit to complaints. can email if someone can link it to post?

If you struggle with pdf upload, perhaps put it on an imagehosting site, and just copy and paste the url here. It wont link to it, but we can see it.

Hi just to let you know I went down to kwik fit had a word with the manager after a few words he agreed to fix it with no charge so hopefully will be fixed soon

I think he ment the filter had broken up he showed me it in pieces, I had an oil change late last summer so was not that long ago . The lad was young don't think he really knew what he was doing. Safe to say I won't be using kwik fit again.

He likely broke it and is trying to absolve himself of all responsibility. However, the manager said they will repair it fully free of charge. When they say they have, make sure you take the vehicle on a test drive for a few miles first, to ensure it is fixed. However, i would demand they take it to a reputable garage for the make of car you have and ensure it is completely repaired.

if they caused so much damage for a simple oil change, then i would be very concerned at their ability to fix it.

Yes I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying to do because the first thing he said was we did tell you not to drive it I said you left me no option and that fortunately for me my girlfriend lives over the road . I told him I don't want it back until it's fully repaired . Hopefully kwik fit complaints ring me tomorrow because it was totally unacceptable

An oil filter won't break.... due to age. Your engine will break Down from lack of a filter change long before a filter would.

It sounds like he broke it taking it off and he's panicking.

Yes there's no way way the valve would of come out unless pulled out obviously didn't know what he was doing. Drove past before and car was up in the air this was at 5 so I presume there changed complete oil filter housing just hope they don't balls it up

If they do, then you issue a LBA, take the car to a reputable garage and have them pay for it.

Otherwise you follow through the LBA and head to small claims court. But its doubtful it will get that far.

Hopefully I get a call tomorrow that it's done, I was refunded the oil change money so think I'll get it booked in for oil change at my local garage the one I would normally use and get him to check the work out for peace of mind.

Rang up today was still working on it said he fitted a new oil cooler and was waiting on seals to be dropped off, god knows what this would have cost at another garage like they wanted me to do most probably hundreds of pounds

Doesnt matter what another garage would charge. Kwikfit would be the ones paying. Personally i would have told them to take it to a reputable garage. Mainly because theyve botched a simple oil change, and youre letting them mess around with the engine now.