Help Needed RE HMRC Letter

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got a Annual Review letter dated May 21st arrive today, it is to do with WTC

We are not entitled to WRC but are paying pay money owed to HMRC due to their error, paying £100 a month.

The letter states over payment, up to April 2017, 3 931.71

£100 has already been paid back by us???? been paying since last year and have bank statements

£526.39 is due from us now! and £305.32 is still to be confirmed as over paid

I rang them and was told they can see we have a payment plan in place etc and that the £305.32 is owed to them but we will find out how to pay it by September,

I asked how can we owe them when we do not get WTC and have not done so for awhile, all was told wait till September?

I am fuming as not missed any payments

TIA for and help and advice

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Has anyone else had to deal with this?

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I am worried about this and have no idea what to do, and No I did not record the phone call as not able to.

Is it best to write to them or just wait to see what September brings?, like said our WTC stopped well over a year ago

Sandy xx

Hi BB

Sorry for late reply, HMRC kept paying us WTC despite us telling them in writing and filling in the forms that I now got a pension.

Thye then told us they had overpaid us and gave us a figure which was a lot more then we had, sent all revised figures back to them and this bought the over payment down a lot ( was over £3k, ended up being around £1,500) we said would pay it back £100 each moth.

It is supposed to finish in October if I recall, have kept letters and will find them all out, so where they still say we owe what they say is beyond me!

My phone is only a basic house phone and so is my mobile, We told them about the pension and the fact he was now on the so called living wage so they knew all this, they sent out a revised letter but even that was wrong as got his annual salary way off

That was in the end sorted but now we get this letter

Sorry for long winded reply

Sandy xx

Hi BB

Sorry for late reply, HMRC kept paying us WTC despite us telling them in writing and filling in the forms that I now got a pension.

Thye then told us they had overpaid us and gave us a figure which was a lot more then we had, sent all revised figures back to them and this bought the over payment down a lot ( was over £3k, ended up being around £1,500) we said would pay it back £100 each moth.

It is supposed to finish in October if I recall, have kept letters and will find them all out, so where they still say we owe what they say is beyond me!

My phone is only a basic house phone and so is my mobile, We told them about the pension and the fact he was now on the so called living wage so they knew all this, they sent out a revised letter but even that was wrong as got his annual salary way off

That was in the end sorted but now we get this letter

Sorry for long winded reply

Sandy xx

Just work from your own records and ignore the weird ways of HMRC. All you know is that you had £1500 to repay, with you paying £100 per month over 15 months. Keep to this schedule and once you have repaid confirm in writing to HMRC that the overpayment has fully been repaid.

That should be the end of the story.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Uncle, so come October I can cancel the DD for them? I will also write to them to inform them, all was told is expect a letter for further payment in September

We will see

Sandy xx

Thanks Uncle, so come October I can cancel the DD for them? I will also write to them to inform them, all was told is expect a letter for further payment in September

We will see

Sandy xx

Yep once you have made the final repayment cancel the DD and write to confirm the end of your repayments.

Not sure why they would be writing to you in September ? Is September relevant to anything ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Not as far as I know, only going by what the man said when I spoke to him. I did tell him the payments were due to end in October and he said we still owe money! asked why and he just said from last year and do we get over £18k or under

It really is time they got their act together

Sandy xx

Not yet Bazooka

It really is appalling how they treat people and also worrying

It really is appalling how they treat people and also worrying

I quite agree, hence why the sooner the complaint goes in, copied in to your local MP, the better, just because this is HMRC, it shouldn't give them carte blanch to act with near impunity.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!