9 yr old ccj needs reinstatement

MathewLisett
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

how do i apply the county court to request a reinstatement of the 2007 ccj. Or is there a specific form to request this or extension.

google doesnt seem to come up with anything.

i was the claimant and was unable to enforce the ccj becuase when i had won the ccj the defendant moved and i hadnt been able to locate him until now. so i need to know what form i need to fill in in the hopes the court will brign it back to life and allow the high court writ to happen

You won't exactly need to reinstate the judgement, but you will need to get permission to enforce it. You will need a form N446 available from the County Court's website

This article may be of interest to you - http://www.sleeblackwell.co.uk/blogs/enforcing-court-judgment-debt.html

• Confused 1

You won't exactly need to reinstate the judgement, but you will need to get permission to enforce it. You will need a form N446 available from the County Court's website

This article may be of interest to you - http://www.sleeblackwell.co.uk/blogs/enforcing-court-judgment-debt.html

Before you can do that the OP will probably need to make an application using form N244 for permission.

As advised you will need to make application (n244 with hearing £255 fee) to request permission to enforce a judgment after 6 years.

Dont just submit the N446.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Time Limits for enforcement of judgments

21. Section 24(1) of the Limitation Act provides that an “action” shall not be brought on anyjudgment more than 6 years after the date on which the judgment became enforceable.

This section applies only to a judgment obtained in England or Wales, but the limitation period in relation to a foreign judgment is also 6 years on the basis that such an action

is a simple contract debt.

22. While the term action is defined as including any proceedings in a court of law, it should be noted that s.24 is not concerned with procedures to enforce judgments already

obtained but only with substantive rights to bring an action on a judgment.

23. It is not an abuse of process for a judgment creditor under an existing judgment to pursue a second action within six years based on that judgment in order to protect its position

on the enforcement of its rights for the recovery of a debt. Judgment in the second action will start time running again.

24. While there is no statutory time limit for enforcement of a judgment other than by action, writs of execution can only be issued with the court’s permission if more than 6 years have elapsed since judgment. Permission will only be granted in exceptional cases.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

That would form part of your reasons in the application.

There will a Court hearing and the other side may contest it and there's no guarantee you'll win.

There's also the possibility of a costs order being made against you if you lose, and even if you win.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66984[/ATTACH]

do i add the case number next to the judgement summons?

Ignore this for now, you need to do the application first.

• 3 months later...