• Tweets

• In the very first claim thread it mentions contacting the claimant is encouraged by the court etc. I was thinking about contacting them and asking about a Tomlin order to put an end to all this, at least I'd be able to stop worrying and maybe get some sleep (currently 4.52am) 😴
    • Hi I'm looking for a bit of help to deal with a claim form from Hoist/ Cohen referencing an old Capital One account please. I have filled out the details below as requested and submitted an acknowledgement of service intending to defend.   In 2007 I sent a SAR and requested a copy of the original CCA from Cap One on this account.    In 2014 Lowells sent a claim form for the same account. I have a copy of a notice of allocation to the small claims track hearing and a copy of the front sheet of ack of service with intent to defend but I have no recollection of its outcome and there are no CCJs on my credit file.    Name of the Claimant Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Ltd   Date of issue – 5/11/2019   Date of issue 05/11/19 + 19 days = 24/11/2019 + 14 days to submit defence = 7/12/2019 (33 days in total)   Particulars of Claim This claim is for the sum of £294 arising from the Defendants breach of a regulated consumer credit agreement referenced Under no XXXXX. The defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with a default notice issued pursuant to ss. 87(1) and 88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sums due from the Defendant following the legal assignment of the agreement from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (EX CAPITAL ONE). Written notice of the assignment has been given. The Claimant claims 1. The sum of 294  2. Costs   What is the total value of the claim? £369   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC I received a letter of claim & income / exp forms.   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? yes   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Not sure claim is for Credit card   When did you enter into the original agreement 2003   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement not sure   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files yes, as closed   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor. Assigned   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?  from HPH2 to HFUKH2L, I don't have anything from Cap One.   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes (2007) Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears” or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not sure, I’ve had letters from Robinson Way.   Why did you cease payments? illness and inability to deal with my debts, I had no money no job and my mental health was in a terrible state.   date of your last payment? 07/2014 paid to Robinson Way   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No (PPI and bank charges refunded)   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes   Do I send a CPR 31.14 next asking for the agreement, notice of assignment and the Default notice?   Thanks.
    • It states the charge as: 'did enter a compulsory ticket area without having with you a valid ticket. Contrary to Byelaw 17 (1) of the Transport for London Railway Bylaws Made under paragraph 26 of Schedule 11 to the Greater London Authority Act 1999 and confirmed under section 67 of the Transport Act 1962.' Then a brief statement of facts that the pass did not belong to me, and that I had stated it was due to financial reasons. It then contains information about making my plea and then the statement of the revenue officer. I am of course planning on pleading guilty before the cut off point and attending court (I'm hoping to be well enough to attend anyway). I'm just concerned about the consequences and if there is any point in trying to still reason with TfL now that court application costs are at least involved. I have debated getting a solicitor solely because of what I've read on the internet and what it says about ruined job prospects, I know it's probably scare tactics to get me to hire someone but it is the driving fear behind everything at the moment. 
    • You really MUST respond to the Singe Justice Procedure (SJP) notice and do so BEFORE the 'cut off' date.   Clearly, you will need to plead guilty and by doing so, you will benefit from having a one third discount in the amount of the fine issued.   You do not....I repeat NOT need to enlist the help of a solicitor and by pleading guilty, you will NOT be required to attend a hearing.   what exactly is stated on the charge sheet.    
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 897 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya all,

Need some help for my brother ( as people were very helpful before )

My brother has a rental contract that ends on July 2nd, he has signed a contract for a new house which he is due to move in on September 1st- it is cheaper- he has two children a one year old and a three year old.

He has rental arrears of £2250 but has put a plan to the LL which would see these gone by September 1st when he moves. This was rejected by the LL and the last correspondence was that he had said he would try and see if he could get the September date earlier, he has just returned to full time work following suffering severe depression following an attack on him ( that has been investigated by Police so has a ref ) I am of course worried about him from a mental state point of view

Yesterday he received a possession court date for July 20th ( request made on June 1st )

I am going to offer my help in his defense but have a few quick questions now ( as unsure ):

- Can a possession movement be made when he had a letter from LL stating for him to move on July 1st ( dated 05/06 so after the possession order application was made )and we are not at that date yet? He has not refused to move as the date has not been reached

- Is it likely he will be made homeless bearing in mind he will be moving out by September 1st and the rent arrears will be paid by then?

- The LL did not protect his deposit on time and lied in writing to him he had before admitting he did it 200 days later than he stated, is it worth putting in a letter now asking for the deposit ( in full ) + compensation is taken off the arrears owed? Is there a template letter for this?

Many thanks

I suspect the landlord has gone for possession due to the rent arrears.

I will move this to the repossession forum.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks for the reply,

It is also worth noting that he has issued 4 seperate moneyclaims for the same arrears and that the section 8 that mention July 1st as the date is for a higher amount than the current possession order total

The other thing he said ( which I dont think makes a difference but not sure ) is that the contract is signed by two people ( husband and wife ) but order is put forward by one person - I don't think that makes a difference

If worse comes to the worse and I pay the amount before July 20th would that stop all action anyway?

If there are no arrears then there can be no claim for possession on the grounds of arrears, but if the tenancy ends on 1st July then he would have to leave anyway ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

So if stays beyond July 1st but with all payments made he is likely to be made homeless on the 20th July ( as assuming nothing can be done before the court date ) even though he has a move in date of September 1st for his new place?

he has a tenancy that expires on Jul 1st. After that the LL can ask for possession (has done) or offer a new AST or allow a rolling (periodic tenancy) contract on a month by month basis. It is the arrears that have put a fly in the last options' ointment, not sure what the purpose of the 4x moneyclaims are other than harassment but they should be responded to separately and try to avoid tying them to the end of tenancy issue. He should also consider a claim for the non protection of the deposit, that will certainly take the wind out of the sails for the court claims but wont affect the possession order. Again, make this a separate issue rather than as as counterclaim on the other matters as it could be detrimental to tie them together and will certainly be confusing.