Smart Parking charge Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've received 3 letters from Smart Parking, the first (dated 05/04/17) asking for £100 (£60 if paid early, an extra £10 admin fee if over 28 days) for overstaying by 12 minutes in a local retail car park.

The second (09/05/17) and third (24/05/17) letters are from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying they intend to take me to court as a Supreme Court ruling in 2015 (Parking Eye v Beavis) means this is now enforceable.

I rang B and Q and Marks and Spencer over the weekend as I was a genuine customer but both managers said they couldn't get involved (M & S said the retailers were not consulted before Smart Parking was hired, and they have raised with the landowner that they are not happy).

I'm not sure what to do next, can anyone assist please?

Thank you.

tell us about the event, where, when, what letters you received and when they were posted.

As for DR+ ignore them and if you are tempted to do otherwise ignore that felling as well, they are just paid to send letters that contain enough half truths to make you think they might add up to something. You havent actually read the letters carefully or you wouldnt have fallen for their spiel as they dont say THEY are going to do anything.

So, from now on you read every sentence very carefully twice until you undrstand the exact meaning of it or you will make slips that could cost you dear.

The land will be owned by a property co like British Land and they dont give a stuff about your problems, the stores are just tenants and arnet happy about losing business because of the greed of the parking co's.

So post up the NTK from Smart with your personal detaisl redacted, including their reference numbers and any bar codes and we will advise what to do next. this may be nothing at all for the moment or it may be sending the parking co a letter inviting them to jump off a cliff, until we see the letter we wnot know how right or wrong their claim is (usually wrong).

When - Saturday 25/3/17

Where - Junction 1 Retail Park, Bidston Moss, Wallasey, Wirral CH44 2HE

It's a small retail park with approx 10 shops. I shop there a few times a week as it's nearest, and being Saturday the traffic to get out of the car park is usually clogged up as it's near a motorway exit.

Received 3 letters (below) but no postmark on the envelopes.