Parking Eye Overstay PCN - ALDI Hounslow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read through a number of posts to try and assertain my position in respect to a recent Parking Charge Notice issued to me for overstaying in a Aldi car park for 10 mins.

The vehicle parked in a space at the Aldi supermarket.

Signs state that the maximum FREE parking time is one and half hours,

the stay according to PE was 1hrs 40 mins.

There wasn't any machine to extend the stay at the car park.

I got my Parking charge notice through post

i have overstayed for 10 mins, can you please advice.

Thanks & Regards

Krish

Could you copy and paste the relevant parts of this post

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

and post your answers back in to this thread please.

Also,

a PDF of your NTK would be useful.

Please remove any identifying information eg, name & address, vehicle registration number, PCN number and any bar or QR codes,

but leave things like dates & times visible.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, please find the below requested information.

1 Date of the infringement 13 May 2017

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Date issued: 18 May 2017

3 Date received 21 May 2017

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes, but all you can see is a car registration plate and 2 headlights

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal]Not yet

Have you had a response? [Y/N?]

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] the parking Charge Notice states ALDI Hounslow

For either option,

does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There's a BPA logo at the top of the page, but no specific mention in the letter.

It says appeal to Parking Eye and details of POPLA shall be provided if unsuccessful.

Letter header states member of BPA but their appeals service is not mentioned

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Hi

The BPA have included in their guidance to allow an extra 10 minutes grace period and you have to remember that you were not parked for 1 hour 40 minutes. That is the total time from entering the site to exiting the site.

Complain long and hard to Aldi as it is they who should have the final say and if you have receipts from that date, all the better.

When appealing to PE, never name the driver. Only refer to them as 'The driver'

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

OK.

They probably won't allow any appeal that you make, there's no profit in allowing appeals after all, but with ParkingLie you must create a paper trail. So, send an appeal via letter (paper, envelope & stamp) and get a free certificate of posting from the post office.

You can appeal on any grounds you like (as they'll reject it anyway) but you might as well keep to the facts in this matter.

Dear ParkingLie

Ref: PCN Number -

Vehicle Registration -

As the vehicle keeper, I would like to invoke your appeals procedure.

The driver was shopping at Aldi in Hounslow. This took slightly longer than expected, however, taking in to account the guidance in the BPA Code of Practice for AOS members at 13.4 "the Grace Period at the end of the parking period should be a minimum of 10 minutes."

Whilst you contest that the driver did overstay, by the timings on your own NTK this overstay was a mere 45 SECONDS above and beyond the MINIMUM grace period.

I am sure that you do not wish to waste POPLA's time over such a minor matter, therefore I ask that this charge be cancelled. Failing that, please supply me with a POPLA code.

Signed

Recorded Keeper

(Don't actually sign it)

That's as good as anything.

You might as well pop in to Aldi as well and kick up a fuss with the Manager. They have the power to tell ParkingLie to cancel the charge (they may try to tell you otherwise) so get in there and start badgering them as well. The more angles of attack, the better thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

first thing to do is contact Aldi if you were shopping there on the day and ask them to get the ticket cancelled as you were a genuine customer.

You may need to be able to show a copy of the receipt or at least provide a time you were there and some of the items purchased and they can then find your transaction.

Dont email but find the name of someone suitable to write to so they have to do something rather than just forward your email to PE, who will then ignore Aldi and consider this to be an appeal to them and reject it.

Dont forget to tell Aldi that this has left a sour taste in your mouth,

thinking of going elsewhere from now on as not given proper consideration to how long it takes to shop etc.

Also ask ALDI about what the council planning permission said about parking time limits.

This is usually enough to make them leap into action as they dont like that sort of questioning as they often havent got it right.

Thank you for all your responses.

I spoke with Aldi Assistant Manager as manager was on holiday.

I couldn't able to find the receipt on the day of the fine issued,

but i have shown him the recent receipts which i have paid with my card.

He said he will speak with manager and will let me know the outcome.

I have ranged him and to the store several times but there was no response.

Today i have sent an appeal by post by using the above template and i have taken the certificate of posting for the reference.

I will keep you posted once i have an update from Parking Eye.

Thank you for all your valuable advice's.

Regards

Krishna

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I got response from the parking eye for the above appeal.

I have been asked to provide evidence of purchases made in the store at ALDI on the date and time mentioned on the PCN to consider the appeal further.

I have taken the letter to ALDI Manager and i told him that i have been trying to meet him but he was on holiday.

The Manager asked me the date, time and amount of purchase done based on that he searched and provided me the purchase receipt.

I have sent the receipt to parking eye through email and post as well.

Now i got another letter saying:

Thankyou for your correspondence in relation to the parking charge incurred on 13 May 2017 at 18:37 at ALDI Hounslow car park.

You have provided the evidence of purchase.

However, please be advised that this did not meet the discretionary criteria set by the landowner in this case.

We are therefore writing to advise you that your recent appeal has been unsuccessful and that you have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure

This is because you have not provided sufficient evidence to show that you did not break the terms and conditions on the signage.

Also i have been provided with POPLA Ref Number.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

you now appeal to popla

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there is a 10min leeway

you have receipt via credit card that you shopped in aldi

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

before you appeal check with local council whether there are any conditions in the planning application or consent for the store and car park.

Many say that as part of the consent they must provide free cutomer parking for 2-3 hours.

If there is any mention of this at all PE are generally screwed as the planning overrides any contract they can offer

and Aldi would be breaking the law

and in extremis forced to shut their store until they get PE to comply.

This has happened- Morrisons Caterham is one example

Hi Eric,

I have tried to contact Hounslow council parking department, but they couldn't able to provide any information. I am not sure where from i can get the details, any pointers.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

nothing to do with councils parking debt

you need the planning dept.

dx

and they

Hi DX,

I have ranged planning department and they have checked the records and said that there aren't any such conditions or consent given.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

so no permission for PE to have signs up then?

and they

Hi DX,

I am not sure unless if they maintain any records other than planning dept,

they said there are other conditions like blue badge holders, loading only but not about the overstay.

Can i now appeal to POPLA?

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

Hi DX,

I have ranged planning department and they have checked the records and said that there aren't any such conditions or consent given.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

what do you mean by the above?

and they

Hi DX,

i mean Planning department confirmed that they have not found any such information, but also said that there might be some information on traffic department but they are not sure of that.

Thanks & Regards

Krishna

so they don't have planning permission for their signs then?

dx

and they