London attack: Fatalities after vehicle and stabbing incidents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

London attack: Fatalities after vehicle and stabbing incidents

More than one person has died in a "terrorist" incident in central London which is still ongoing, police have said.

Armed officers and ambulances were alerted to reports a van hit people on London Bridge shortly after 22:00 BST.

Police later went to nearby Borough Market where they were responding to reports of stabbings in the area which is known for its restaurants and bars.

Prime Minister Theresa May described the incidents as "dreadful events".

The Metropolitan Police tweeted: "At 0025hrs 4/6/17 the incidents at #LondonBridge & #BoroughMarket were declared as terrorist incidents."

READ MORE HERE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40146916

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Horrible!

People do need to be more aware of what is going on around them. Don't presume that this is only a possible event in a big city like London or Manchester.

Don't drink alcohol to a level where you become less aware and cannot react quickly to remove yourself from a threat. Make sure you let people know where you are going out to, so they know your location. Saves them being worried that you might have been where an attack took place and might mean fewer unnecessary enquiries to Police.

Enjoy yourselves responsibly and live normally, so these people who carry out these attacks don't restrict our freedoms. But take sensible precautions.

People with children and grandchildren who go for evenings out to City/town centres should talk to them about this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Absolutely atrocious , heard this last night and now watching the news, 6 killed and 48 in hospital atm, there was a quick mention that they might cancel the election due to all what is happening and security to be tightened up

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

now 7 dead :(

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Guest Mrs Hobbit

The first I knew of this was from my emails overseas, telling me that they are thinking of me and asking if I was alright, thinking back to two months ago. I got the OH to turn on th TV to see it has happened again only on another bridge, the same that happened to us that day. I will not let this **** dictate how I live.

I have posted on FB page how I feel and what I think should be done.....the bleeding heart liberals have had it their own way for two long.

Let them roam our streets, let them be free to do whatever they want, they have human rights too, we can't control their whereabouts 24/7...

All a lot of b@llox if you ask me.

These terrorists are all known to the police , mi5 and mi6, but we can't upset them because otherwise 1% of the population gets upset.

Check their movement, emails, telephone calls, conversations, bug their houses, cars, mobile phones, the full work and as soon as they say anything remotely against the "infidels" lock them up in isolation for 10 years or even better.

That's how you destroy terrorism, not by doing nothing or worse, making a few arrests after the attacks.

We are truly a bunch of gutless sheep.

Edited by Andyorch
edited

Let them roam our streets, let them be free to do whatever they want, they have human rights too, we can't control their whereabouts 24/7...

All a lot of b@llox if you ask me.

These terrorists are all known to the police , mi5 and mi6, but we can't upset them because otherwise 1% of the population gets upset.

Check their movement, emails, telephone calls, conversations, bug their houses, cars, mobile phones, the full work and as soon as they say anything remotely against the "infidels" lock them up in isolation for 10 years or even better.

That's how you destroy terrorism, not by doing nothing or worse, making a few arrests after the attacks.

We are truly a bunch of gutless sheep.

Are you running for PM and do you guarantee to implement that if you win?

If so, you have my vote.

Are you running for PM and do you guarantee to implement that if you win?

If so, you have my vote.

The main parties won't even consider my affiliation because apparently trying to defend 99.9% of the population is racist, let alone running for a position...

Gutless sheep, I think I couldn't have found better words

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Australia used to have 'A White Australia Policy' A politician named Arthur Caldwell, got up in parliament and stated Two Wongs will never make a White. he was howled down because of his beliefs. now there are areas in some of Australia's cities no white will venture into into, these places have become ghettos of the same nationalities, Chinese, Vietnamese, Lebanese and so om. The suburb where I was raised became a no go area for anyone of Anglo ancestry. it is the same here in parts of Great Britain. How dis happen? These people never had to integrate with the rest of the population. I am not saying the old policy of Australia was right, but back then, if were an immigrant from Europe or any where else, you had to integrate, you had to speak English and you had to learn and follow the ways of Australians...is so wrong to ask this of anyone who goes to live in another country?

if you wish to live in Israel or other places, you have to learn the language, you have to integrate. Oh and you don't any benefits until you earn the right to entitlement for these.

I am one very angry, upset person because this is NOT the United Kingdom I learnt about. I have lived here for 19 years and it has become worse. I never thought I was racist, I am not bigoted. but I am now questioning my beliefs and asking have I been wrong in thinking and teaching my children Live and let live?

Australia used to have 'A White Australia Policy' A politician named Arthur Caldwell, got up in parliament and stated Two Wongs will never make a White. he was howled down because of his beliefs. now there are areas in some of Australia's cities no white will venture into into, these places have become ghettos of the same nationalities, Chinese, Vietnamese, Lebanese and so om. The suburb where I was raised became a no go area for anyone of Anglo ancestry. it is the same here in parts of Great Britain. How dis happen? These people never had to integrate with the rest of the population. I am not saying the old policy of Australia was right, but back then, if were an immigrant from Europe or any where else, you had to integrate, you had to speak English and you had to learn and follow the ways of Australians...is so wrong to ask this of anyone who goes to live in another country?

if you wish to live in Israel or other places, you have to learn the language, you have to integrate. Oh and you don't any benefits until you earn the right to entitlement for these.

I am one very angry, upset person because this is NOT the United Kingdom I learnt about. I have lived here for 19 years and it has become worse. I never thought I was racist, I am not bigoted. but I am now questioning my beliefs and asking have I been wrong in thinking and teaching my children Live and let live?

You're right in saying that a lot of people don't integrate, but the same people are not terrorists.

So I couldn't care less what colour or religion people are, but if they cause trouble they should be dealt with immediately and definitely.

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I agree, but if there was integration perhaps there might be less opportunity for radicalization. I am also not saying because people haven't integrated they are terrorists.

Lack of integration is undoubtedly a (probably THE) big issue, but another issue is the greater focus on spying on all the UK citizens while cutting proper policing.

Rudd is again coming out with rhetoric that its the libdems fault for NOT supporting the Torys in even MORE spying on law abiding UK citizens for any purpose (which has clearly failed) with NO judicial requirements or oversight..

A few might be happy with some distant system/Uk/US spooks scanning everything you say or do looking for 'key words' or occasionally tracking down dead terrorists prior movements after atrocities have been committed, while they cut the real and needed community policing who could actually evaluate the reports made by the communities about these radicals in advance of atrocities,

but I'm certainly not.

Having said all that the impressive 8 minute response of the armed police should be applauded and commended.

and May suppresses report into terrorist funding:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/05/theresa-may-urged-not-to-suppress-report-into-funding-of-jihadi-groups

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Guest Mrs Hobbit

The police response was fantastic. They deserve a kudos. They were on standby oin the Met and responded accordingly. :clap2:

Lack of integration is undoubtedly a (probably THE) big issue

It's not integration that's the issue but de-integration. The Manchester bomber was integrated. He was born and went to school & university here but somewhere along the line was radicalised.

It's not integration that's the issue but de-integration. The Manchester bomber was integrated. He was born and went to school & university here but somewhere along the line was radicalised.

To some extent that is true cjcregg,

but was his 'home' area a multi cultural area or one of the so called mini xxx areas?

replace xxx with Muslim, china, pakistan, Bulgaria etc

Was he integrated, or always an outsider even if 'wearing a mask'.

Which beggars the question:

Is it a cultural thing? or a psychological profile thing?

As scientology or KKK or radical right wing 'Christians' is just as insidious (IMO).

All these areas or groups which require you to abdicate your decisions (and hence personal responsibility) to a 'higher' authority.

and yes, society also expects this to some degree, which leads into the 'superior orders' debate.

IMO there is NO higher responsibility than to your own conscience. So that is where we should be looking for answers.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Cut the amount of media attention these people get.... they are murderers - if you give their actions any kind of ideological input they will feel justified, or their followers will.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cut the amount of media attention these people get.... they are murderers - if you give their actions any kind of ideological input they will feel justified, or their followers will.

I think its more the way the media are reporting them.

These events need to be reported in an open and honest society, and people need to be aware of the dangers.

The Tory Legacy

Make them disappear.

Mi5 knows who they are and has got ways to do that.

Public safety is paramount.

No it isnt - our culture and society is.

or YOU could be the next one to 'just disappear'

and the rest of us finding ourselves living in a clone of North Korea

The Tory Legacy

Even the NYT says:

LONDON — British police and security services already have some of the most powerful surveillance laws in the world, with weak judicial oversight and little criticism on privacy issues from a public that generally trusts its government

and Civil Service.Surveillance cameras are everywhere, especially in cities, and there are relatively few restrictions on the mass collection of telephone and internet data by the government.

All of which raises the uncomfortable question of what more can be done to prevent the kind of terrorist attack that killed seven people in central London over the weekend?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/world/europe/london-attack-uk-election.html?te=1&nl=morning-briefing-europe&emc=edit_mbe_20170606

The Tory Legacy

Even the NYT says:

LONDON — British police and security services already have some of the most powerful surveillance laws in the world, with weak judicial oversight and little criticism on privacy issues from a public that generally trusts its government

and Civil Service.Surveillance cameras are everywhere, especially in cities, and there are relatively few restrictions on the mass collection of telephone and internet data by the government.

All of which raises the uncomfortable question of what more can be done to prevent the kind of terrorist attack that killed seven people in central London over the weekend?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/world/europe/london-attack-uk-election.html?te=1&nl=morning-briefing-europe&emc=edit_mbe_20170606

It's a bit rich of the New York Times to bleat about us having ''little criticism on privacy issues'' when the UK had to complain to the US Government about NYT publishing leaked police photos of the Manchester bomb, potentially compromising a serious criminal investigation.