style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 921 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I went to tribunal on the 8th May as I was turned down for PIP, as the majority are. The appeal awarded me the points I needed and gave me a letter with their decision on.

As I hadn't received any correspondence from the DWP I gave them as call on Tuesday to ask if they had my up to date bank details and if they knew when they would start my benefit.

The lady who answered took a while and eventually found the decision from the tribunal on her system. She then said that there is no date on the system as they have to make their decision and they would write to me in due course. She then said to call in a week if I haven't heard anything?!?

Does anyone else have experience of this? What is the point of appealing if the DWP then disregard this?

I have a back payment to come and like the rest of the UK am struggling so just wondering if they are going to pay me or not and am freaking out a bit as it was a really tough and overwhelming experience.

Thank you.

Edited by charlie1983

Whilst DWP are allowed to appeal a tribunal decison, this could only be on a point of law and would be very unusual, therefore almost certainly they will start paying you eventually.

What is causing the hold up is probably that someone has to process the tribunal result which is probably in someone's backlog, before the correct payment can be calculated and put in your bank account. Various parts of the DWP are seriously under staffed and there are known to be delays in many areas, but hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you, that has put some of my mind at ease.

Definitely call again in a week as they suggested and come back if there's any more problems or to let us know it's all sorted.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.