BankFodder BankFodder

fiogiff

What happens to a charging order if the debt has been sold?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 991 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have 2 old charging orders registered on my property. The first was for a lloyds debt which I have been paying £50 a month for years, after the 6 years following the Ccj lloyds sold the debt to moorcroft but land registry still shows a charging order.

The second was for direct auto finance and still shows as an interim order from years ago. They have never contacted me asking for payment.

I am now happily in a good financial position and want to remortgage. I have a mortgage offer from Halifax and the Conveyancing has started. I am happy to pay any monies owed but I just want to know who I should be paying and how o get the restrictions lifted. Surely if lloyds sold the debt they aren't intitled to keep a charging order as I don't owe them anything! Equally I would assume by now direct auto sold their debt on I seem to recall a letter years ago from hillsiden though I can't be certain. Any advice on what to do?

Moorcroft don't buy debts...so Lloyds still own it

as for DAF yes car I believe they are now provident.

not hold on a tick.

if it says RESTRICTION

then there no need to tell anyone until AFTER the house is sold [if you want too!]

can I assume the debts were yours but the home is jointly owned?

if that's the case they are a restriction K

you dont have to tell anyone you are selling nor pay them.

read what it SAYs CAREFULLY.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Moorcroft don't buy debts...so Lloyds still own it

as for DAF yes car I believe they are now provident.

not hold on a tick.

if it says RESTRICTION

then there no need to tell anyone until AFTER the house is sold [if you want too!]

can I assume the debts were yours but the home is jointly owned?

if that's the case they are a restriction K

you dont have to tell anyone you are selling nor pay them.

read what it SAYs CAREFULLY.

The OP isn't selling the house, but remortgaging it.