• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Unknown Vets CCJ - Now HCEO and Debt collector writing to me at work

Debvfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I hope that you can give me some advice as I am not sure what has happened to me today is legal.

I had to have the vet out to my horse last year and had to pay 500 in advance for his treament and then the rest on account.

I had every intention of paying.

The debt was in my married name

(I have since reverted back to my maiden name) at an old address.

My horse was treated however the vet made several mistakes

(such as not adminstering him antibiotics which resulted in cellulitus)

I disputed the amount at the time.

The vet said they would reduce the bill if I could pay in full.

At the time I couldn't so they recommended a loan company which would then help me out with a loan (and even sent me the link) to which I declined.

A debt collector went to my old address (I know the new tenant) and was told I was no longer there.

Today I went into work to find out the soliciors now instructed have written to me at work threatening me with a CCJ and saying I won't be able to find another job if they enforce it.

Are they allowed to harrass people at work?

How will they enforce the debt they surely cannot register it against the company that I work for?

Obviously this will be really embarrassing for me at work as I am apart from the Director the most senior member of staff.

Thanks

Thread moved to the appropriate forum..please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

WHO???

What is the name of the solicitors and debt collection agency?

Name names please.

If you have those foolish threats in writing, then the FCA would be very interested to see them.

Can you scan and post up what you have so far?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply

- I assume this is now on the correct forum?

Apologies for posting incorrectly.

I won't be able to scan the letter until tomorrow but the name of the solicitor is E Baring and Co.

The letter text is below:-

We refer to the Judgement entered against you on behalf of our above named clients dated 18th April 2017 in the sum of #2803.12. The statement of account and two invoices attached.

The Judgement is payable immediately and therefore we require your remittance made payable to JE Baring and Co or alternatively your realistic proposals for our client's consideration by return of post.

This Judgement has been registered in the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines and cannot be removed until the Judgement is discharged in full.

The Judgement will be registered against you for a period of 6 years unless paid in full.

We are sure you appreciate the implications of having a Judgement registered against you and the possible impediment with regards to seeking employment and obtaining credit in the future.

In the absence of your remittance we hold instructions to proceed by way of a Warrant or an alternative form of enforcement without further notice, thereby incurring further costs for which you will be liable to pay.

It is imperative for you to contact us immediately to arrange payment.

The address to which this was sent was only our registered office (virtual presence) and not the actual office in which I work.

Regarding the Judgement the first I had heard of it was when I got the call to say the bailiffs had attended my old address.

Thanks

I would guess you have a CCJ already registered to your old address

and that the door knockers were NOT debt collectors

by High Court Enforcement Officers.

so you've probably already gotten another several £100's of pounds of fees added

can you PROVE the VETs knew your Present address

if not

I cant see what you can do about this

other that fill in an N245 variation order and send it to the court.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread retitled and moved to general legal issues

[debvfm keep posting here simply an admin move]]

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The vet said they would reduce the bill if I could pay in full.

At the time I couldn't so they recommended a loan company which would then help me out with a loan (and even sent me the link) to which I declined.

In my opinion what you describe above (if accurate) is an example of credit broking (provided that the suggested loan was one that could be used for any purpose and not only for paying the vet fees) for which your vet would need permission from the FCA (as this is a regulated consumer credit activity).

If they haven't got FCA permission, then is beyond dodgy, and perhaps bordering on being a criminal offence.

Hi All

Checking through my emails the Vet's did the loan application form their end so sent me a link. They applied for it on my behalf with a company called Shawbrook Consumer Lending. This would indicate definitely that the loan was to be taken out to pay them and nothing else.

What can I do about this?

Concentrate on dealing with the CCJ aspect of this first.

That's the most important thing.

What I raised was a side issue and shouldn't be your immediate concern.

As asked above, have you checked if you have a CCJ?

Hi

Nothing showing on my credit report - in fact my score has been improved. What I am really concerned with is the bailiffs or court people coming to my work address.

That really worries me.

Thanks

they cant its a personal debt.

dx

and they

Have you checked the CCJ register .....???

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/

If they have and you do not come to some payment arrangement they can enforce by way of a warrant either by a county court or the High Court if owed between £600 and £5,000.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

This thread attracted me because it's about vets and I could do with some clarification. In the first post the OP states they never took out the loan

and later we get

They applied for it on my behalf with a company called Shawbrook Consumer Lending.

Is it really a possibility that a creditor can apply for a loan on behalf of a debtor without their agreement? I find that a bit worrying.

This thread attracted me because it's about vets and I could do with some clarification. In the first post the OP states they never took out the loan

and later we get

Is it really a possibility that a creditor can apply for a loan on behalf of a debtor without their agreement? I find that a bit worrying.

I very much doubt it...it requires a signature.

A tick box still requires that person to complete details ...a third party cannot make an application for finance in someone else name.Which is usually followed with a hard copy for the signature.

Which is usually followed with a hard copy for the signature

Ah, that's reassuring. You hear about these loan companies advertising that they'll have money to you in a matter of hours and although as you say personal details will be required on the form a vet is just the sort of business likely to have much more information on their clients than most.

Ah, that's reassuring. You hear about these loan companies advertising that they'll have money to you in a matter of hours and although as you say personal details will be required on the form a vet is just the sort of business likely to have much more information on their clients than most.

Well thats a Pay Day Loan...different matter entirely but the application still has to be made by the individual who requires it.

dear mr vets

you illegally took out a loan in my name

to pay your bills

then went to court over such.

and attained a ccj

and resorted to bailiffs

if you do not cancel the ccj in 7 days I will sue you.

I did not give you permission

neither do you have a licence to

be a credit broker.

can you please forward me the agreement with my signature

or proof that I authorised you on my behalf to

and they

dear mr vets

you illegally took out a loan in my name

to pay your bills

then went to court over such.

and attained a ccj

and resorted to bailiffs

Get that, get that it shouldn't happen. Don't get why the vets want paid twice. Surely the loan was to settle their bill if they took it out as the OP says.

Hi

The Vet's financial controller suggested the loan - I wasn't keen saying that I didn't want to get myself into debt when my horse was insured (he was but because of the vet disclosing how they thought he acquired the injury they wouldn't pay out). She then sent me an email saying she had completed most of the work her end and I just had to choose my repayment terms and sent me the link.

Can the legal team/bailiffs continue to harass me at work?

if they don't have your home address yes.

have you got a copy of the CCJ yet

or even know its number

you need to sort that out first.

dx

and they

Hi

The Vet's financial controller suggested the loan - I wasn't keen saying that I didn't want to get myself into debt when my horse was insured (he was but because of the vet disclosing how they thought he acquired the injury they wouldn't pay out). She then sent me an email saying she had completed most of the work her end and I just had to choose my repayment terms and sent me the link.

Can the legal team/bailiffs continue to harass me at work?

Earlier you said you declined ?

" At the time I couldn't so they recommended a loan company which would then help me out with a loan (and even sent me the link) to which I declined. "