NewsBot

Scientists find that smoking harms livers of unborn babies

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 866 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Researchers find that the cocktail of chemicals in cigarettes is harmful to developing liver cells.

More...

Two months down the line, and I have only just seen this.

Yes, there is a lot of truth in the article. My late mother smoked so much throughout her life, and it claimed her life when she was in her mid 50s - (she gradually became very ill, went to the hospital, doctors diagnosed terminal lung cancer and a week later she was gone).

I believe that my mother's smoking caused the fact that I was starved of oxygen at birth and I had a below average Apgar score - (according to my birth notes, my skin was closer to blue than pink at birth), it has made me have the problems that I have had in the years to come such as Asperger Syndrome and social anxiety. Back then of course, in 1978 when I was born, although there were already the dangers of smoking that Sir Richard Doll had 20 years previously, we were still a while away from the discoveries and finding dangers that mothers smoking causes to unborn babies. It's almost like a form of abuse in a way.

It does harm babies before they are born, and I believe that even a mother who has given up smoking years previously, can also have babies affected as well.

A CAG member is who I am

I really hate things if they are a [prob-lam]

It is also a contribution in Cot Death ( SIDS )

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019