Scotty150

Can I claim against a guarantor loan as I have PDLs?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 907 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I've had a gambling addiction which has lead to thoughtless borrowing and large amounts of debt. Earlier this year i decided to do something about it and I've currently got the gambling under control, put in complaints with all the PDLs i borrowed from and joined StepChange. The CAG guides have been a massive help, so thank you to all those involved.

One problem I still have is a £7500, 4 year guarantor loan with UKCredit. I've currently paid UK Credit £3,800 but have fallen short on the payments since March. I've found the guarantor loans really cause problems on a dmp, as StepChange are suggesting £97pm and UKCredit are making my guarantor pay the rest. When trying to go back to StepChange to get this increased to full 281.50pm, they've refused.

Jan 16 | £7,500 | £281.50 a month | Current Balance £6998.09. My guarantor is my partner.

My question is can I claim irresponsible lending like I did with the PDLs or does having a guarantor stop that claim?

When I applied for a loan with UKCredit I had the following outstanding:

118 118 MONEY | £2500 | £190pm

AVANT | £3800 | £175.42pm

Sunny £900 |

MyJar £1000 | £495.29 pm

Payday UK £800 | £969.36

Marbles £900 - £25.36pm

Mr Lender £250 | £274

Satsuma £300 | £88.40pm

Santander Credit Card £1900 | £30pm

Vanquis £450 | £45pm

My credit file was littered with missed payments and my bank statements showed my gambling situation.

Edited by Scotty150

You agreed a debt repayment plan and defaulted on a subs payment?

At which point the total debt was eligible for recovery from debtor/G.

The DMP begins next month and is for £329pm total. First payment will be tomorrow.

ofcourse you can IR on a guarantor loan..

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

ok thanks , my worry was that even if this went to the FOS, it would be taken off me and fully passed to my partner.

But technically didn't they lend the money to your partner, and not you? I don't know much about Guarantor loans, but I understand that your financial situation is largely irrelevant so I am not even sure they would credit score you or look at bank statements, they'd only be interested in your partners history.

As I say, not sure but as they didn't actually pay any money into your bank account I don't know if you could claim IR lending

Well this was my original concern, that it would just be passed to my partner.

I have put the complaint in and i'll update this thread with progress.

after waiting for 2 weeks for some kind of acknowledgement.

I messaged UKCredit and asked whether the complaint was being actioned.

As they provide no email address to make a complaint,

the complaint was sent through their online form.

Funnily enough, they have no record of a complaint ever being sent.