style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our car was clamped last week.

The agent said we had 7 tickets and everything had been through court.

We had NO IDEA of any of this.

car still registered at our old address

(we moved 3 years ago and post not forwarded after initial 3 months) so maybe this is all true.

We paid £500 to have the car un-clamped and was told this covered ALL 7 actions.

They promised to send through list of all tickets.

But did not.

I am complaining about this.

My question is:

I may well have 7 tickets

(but from various jurisdictions -

congestion charge,

speeding,

parking etc.

how do I know?

Is there a central register?

Any other ideas?

How do I know I will not run the risk of clamping every time I go out in the car?

Clearly if I had known of the tickets I would have paid (or challenged) at the time.

And having no notice,

when we failed to register the car at our new address,

is no defence?

Thoughts?

If you moved three years ago and didn't tell the DVLA, you may need to tread carefully with this. From the government website:

You must tell DVLA when your address changes so your driving licence, vehicle log book (V5C) and vehicle tax are up to date.

This includes if you’re temporarily moving home (if you’re going to university, for example).

It doesn’t cost anything to change your address with DVLA.

You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA when your address changes.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/traffic-enforcement-centre-tec

Contact the above for info.

Get the car registered urgently to your current address and your driving licence if no done. If you ever get pulled over by Police and your information is not up to date, you will get into trouble, as already explained.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If you had not received any previous notices (because you moved), then you can submit Out of Time witness statements to the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

All bailiff activity will then be placed on hold for approx 6 weeks.

If the applications are accepted, the warrants would be revoked and the relevant local authorities would issue you a new Notice to Owner allowing you to pay the charge at the earlier discounted rate.

The problem that you face,

is that as you have now updated your address details for such a long time, the applications may well not be accepted.

That is not to say that you should not submit the forms (it is merely to point out that the chance to getting the applications accepted, is reduced).

There is no central register of parking debts, but if a you have a speeding conviction (for example), you can obtain details by viewing your driving licence online (the link is below). You can also change your address details on your driving licence using the same link.

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

PS: The bailiff MUST provide you with details of all penalty charge notice numbers.

I have now submitted the form to re-register the car to our current address. I have also looked into filing "Out of Time" witness statements to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. But the Catch 22 seems to be that they ask for DETAILS of the various tickets - but I do not know them. I am thinking of just writing a "Letter" and giving the Car License number etc to see if that works. Any thoughts on whether that is the right way? Any other options. I would glady try to get all baliff activity put on hold and then pay reduced amounts.

Also, I realise NOW the need to re-register, but also it does NOT appear anyway, at least clearly, on the V5C form, for example, that you need to re-register. The car was insured and had local (council) parking permit at my new address - so I was not "hiding" and always thought you just updated the V5C when you sold the car. I have now learned, but I bet I am not the only one making that mistake!

I have now submitted the form to re-register the car to our current address. I have also looked into filing "Out of Time" witness statements to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. But the Catch 22 seems to be that they ask for DETAILS of the various tickets - but I do not know them. I am thinking of just writing a "Letter" and giving the Car License number etc to see if that works.

Sending a letter with the Out of Time witness statement will NOT work. The forms will merely be rejected. You must obtain the penalty charge notice numbers from the enforcement company that you paid. They must provide this information to you.