Maddog4780

PRA Group debt from 2002

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 927 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all !,

I received a letter from PRA Group a couple of days ago.

Letter opens with "in order to comply with our obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, We are providing you with this statement of your account.

Opening bal: £545.40

Total payments recieved £0.00

Balance adjustments £0.00"

Letter also gives a ref number and says I owed Lloyds TSB Bank PLc, the agreement date was 30 May 2002. And offers a settlement payment amount of £54.54.

I have never had an account with Lloyds TSB.

I panicked thinking someone may have stolen my details, as I've never had a letter of this nature before.

Have checked credit files from the usual three and there's nothing.

My name is a common name (G Jones),

I work with two others with the same first and sir name so had thought it could be for a different G Jones but that doesn't account for the letter having my address on it.

Do I contact PRA Group ?

Do I ignore ?

I'm not sure what to do, not slept the last two days.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I've posted in the wrong place or duplicated a thread.

G

so they are offering a 90% discount and you don't think this is a bit suss?

ignore!!

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

end of!!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ofcourse I think it's suss, otherwise I wouldn't have posted on here. Sorry I bothered now. And I'm familiar with the difference between a DCA and "A BAILFF"

Dear MAddog - DX wasnt being as you say, he was just making sure you were aware that the letter seems a bit suspect :)

Id say ignore for now. 90% is a large discount and providing its 6 years after the default, you wouldnt see it on your CRA :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

thwey have sent one of these to every G Jones in your county and hope someone responds. They dont care who it is, they will hassle the first one to bite.