Tesco/Highview Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About ten years ago, while living in England, I received a PCN after parking at a retail park and exceeded the time limit.

Following the advice I read on CAG, I

completely ignored this along with several follow-up letters and they eventually stopped coming.

I now live in Scotland and have recently received another PCN from Tesco's for exceeding the time limit in their car park.

I ignored it and have subsequently received two follow-up letters from Highview Parking.

The latest one says I have seven days to pay before they employ the services of a debt-collection agency.

Should I continue to ignore, or have the goalposts moved since my previous episode ten years ago.

Also, can anyone advise if the rules of engagement are different in Scotland?

The "rules of engagement" are different in Scotland : there is no "keeper liability" there.

If this was for a car park in Scotland, invite them to pursue the driver (provided they don't know who the driver is : bearing in mind you have no obligation to tell them who was driving, so don't!)

Thanks BazzaS.

I should have mentioned in my original post that it was actually my wife who was using the car at the time, but they have written to me as the registered keeper.

I can prove that I was actually at work 40 miles away at the time.

Is it actually necessary to invite them to pursue the driver (without telling them who), or will they just eventually go away if I continue to ignore them?

It's best to send them one letter (paper & stamp, with free proof of postage from the post office) that way, if they decide to be silly and try to take it further, you have a paper trail. I'd go with something along the lines of...

Dear Highview

With reference to your Parking Charge No: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Please note that I was not the driver of the vehicle at the time that this parking event occurred. Therefore, I would suggest that you take this matter up with the driver of the vehicle at the time in question.

As the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 does not apply in Scotland, you have no reasonable cause to have obtained my details from the DVLA. I will therefore be making a formal complaint to the BPA, the DVLA and the Information Commissioner for your breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the KADOE agreement with the DVLA.

I strongly suggest that you now delete my data which you have illegally obtained, discontinue any further processing and do not write to me again.

Recorded Keeper.

If this was a "Tesco's only" car park (rather than one on a larger retail park) I'd also be firing off a complaint to the Tesco CEO and the Store General Manager wink.png

You don't have to prove anything. That's their problem. Just don't name (or hint at) the driver whatever you do.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

It's best to send them one letter (paper & stamp, with free proof of postage from the post office) that way, if they decide to be silly and try to take it further, you have a paper trail. I'd go with something along the lines of...

Dear Highview

With reference to your Parking Charge No: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Please note that I was not the driver of the vehicle at the time that this parking event occurred. Therefore, I would suggest that you take this matter up with the driver of the vehicle at the time in question.

As the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 does not apply in Scotland, .......

Recorded Keeper.

You don't have to prove anything. That's their problem. Just don't name (or hint at) the driver whatever you do.

+1.

you didn't receive the original PCN from tesco's.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you didn't receive the original PCN from tesco's.

:???:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

tescos have the power to tell lowview how high to jump and how often.

As Tesco's hired a bunch of clowns to do their bidding

they should be told that their minions are disobeying the law to try and chisel money out of their customers and that it will be a source of embarrassment for them if they continue to allow this law breaking