cohens and Barclaycard debt

puddleboots
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, today I received a letter from Howard Cohen & co. Solicitors re a credit card debt from Barclaycard. (enc)

I sent off a CCA request in October 2015. They sent back a copy of term and conditions and a covering letter.

Since then they sent letters from Robinson way requesting payment then there was a Notice of Pending Legal Action letter from HC solicitors in August 2016

Nothing since then until todays letter for settlement offer.

I'm guessing this is because they can't provide the CCA I requested?

I can't pay what there asking anyway....should i just ignore this?

Thanks PB

Barclays.pdf

ignore!!

but not a claimform mind!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ive hidden you attachment

you've left QR code boxes and ref numbers showing.

its a begging leter.

as above

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Very obvious they havent got a compliant CCA

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Received another l'without prejudice - settlement offer' letter this morning saying;

We note you have not responded to our client's previous offer

Please note you now only have 7 days from the date of this letter remaining to accept this offer

Subject to assessing your affordability, your client will also consider your personal circumstances if you cannot pay this amount in full, therefore allowing you to pay this settlement amount by affordable monthly instalments

When this agreed sum is paid in full, the remainder of the original balance will be written off. If you do accept this offer your credit file for this default entry will be registered as "partially satisfied"

This off will expire 7 days from the date of this letter when the full amount becomes payable

If you do not contact our clients agent, Robinson Way Ltd on xxxx with your debt continuing to be unpaid. Our client will be entitled to continue with Issuing a County Court Claim against you.

I'm going to post the reply they sent me in 2015 after I requested the CCA

They know the debt is unenforceable. No CCA return, no payment. Ignore them. Theyre hoping you get scared and pay them. Its pretty much a last ditch attempt at getting cash from you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

its a discount letter ignore them.

as post 3

and they

DOesnt matter what rubbish they sent. THey never fulfilled your CCA request. End of.

One important question now. Who currently owns the debt . That pDF is also non compliant as theres no app form, not even a blank one, and Theyd be hard pressed to say there have been zero changes to t&C's through the life of the debt.

Can you tell us when you took out the agreement.

ah yes

the usual 620000 they pull out of the filing cabinet

slap your name on it

and

here sucker ..swallow this load of twaddle.

when did you take the card out

and they

CCA the current owner.

Youre being marked as gullible, which is why theyre pressuring you. And youre starting to fall for it.

This is how they operate.

They have no feelings for you, your circumstances, or anything like that.

They just want money, and they couldnt care less what they do, including breaking the law and regulation to do it.