Backdoor Hoist CCJ - old BPF car Finance - set aside

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Hoist CCJ - old BPF car Finance - knowingly sent to wrong address - set aside

so a Barclaycard motor loan issued by Clydesdale bank.

is that it? very blurred, should be pages more

was the CCA sent to BPF or Hoist?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A SAR was sent to BPF which is what I received today, the CCA was part of that. (I actually forgot I sent the SAR and thought this was the CCA reply which it isn't)

I also sent a CCA request to Hoist which has not been returned yet. (The £1 cheque has been cashed)

Both were posted on 30/01/2020

ok little tip.

what YOU HOLD you keep to yourself unless ofcourse its useful to your defence should it be allocated to a hearing after the set aside if the claimant wants too. but if that's the quality of the agreement its illegible!!

and if it does..its what the CLAIMANT produces is the important stuff

without it they cant go anywhere.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, it turns out I sent RobWay a CCA a couple of years ago and the number of the house on my return address was wrong. (It was a previous number from the house I had just moved from)

They then updated their records and sent the court papers there.

Does this mean the set aside is doomed?

Many thanks.

Updated their records to the corrected number or your new current address ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I put the wrong address on correspondence with them, which they updated and sent the court papers to.

(I put my old house number instead of the new one)

Their solicitor got in touch and said that they believe the application now has no merit and that I should withdraw to prevent further costs.

I would like to argue a defence but I did not put one in the set aside application as I thought it would not be necessary due to their 'error' (Which was my error)

what do you mean by got in touch?
how

and when?

and they

I would expect its a std set aside buff of letter we've seen before , not specific as such to your case.

scan it up to pdf

and they

This is an excerpt:

Your application is made on the grounds that the claim form was served at an incorrect address. On 7th June 2017 you sent a letter to our clients collection agent Robinson Way, quoting your address as 14 xxxx Street, your address was updated and all future correspondence was sent to this address, with no mail returned as undelivered. A copy of the said letter is enclosed.

This letter will be brought to the courts attention and we do not believe your application has any merit.

The above highlights my error when I sent then a CCA request in 2017

The solicitors also requested a reply by the end of next week, telling them what I intended to do.

Also I didn't put a defence in the set aside application.

Is it possible to submit a defence draft now or is it too late?

Or maybe take one with me to the hearing?

• 3 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Hoist CCJ - old BPF car Finance - set aside

Given that the the court claim was served to an unconnected address...you really shouldn't need to support the application with an intended defence.....it should be set a side and you should be allowed to defend the claim in the normal manner from scratch.

Inform the court that the claimant knowingly admits to bad service with an incorrect unconnected address and was not prepared to set a side by consent.

Best of luck

Andy

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So how did it go...no update ?

No set aside unfortunately, the incorrect address was my error and the judge didn't think the argument  to defend the original case was strong enough. 

The end result is a CCJ but as that won't really affect me it's not too much grief. 

The experience in court was more enjoyable (if that's the right word) than I thought it would be.

I now have to agree a repayment schedule but they will still be waiting a long time to recoup their costs as the little work I did have is now starting to be cancelled because of Covid 19 :(

Many thanks for your help to everybody here. Invaluable as ever!

the incorrect address was my error

Really .....?    could you expand ?

When I received a notice of assignment I requested a CCA. In the letter I put the street number from my old address down and they updated their records , hence the court papers going to a house up the road. Basically a daft typo on my part.

I would have thought that they would have given it due diligence and checked your correct address.....the court process is that service is only good if sent to the correct current address or last known address.....they served it on neither in this instance and therefore the Judge is incorrect....unless he also decided that your argument was weak or incorrect also so no point in allowing the Set a side. 

Moving onto payment arrangements..you must do this by the official avenue using the N245...do not agree directly and informally with the claimant...you will be hounded and harassed every six months for review.