milnholm

The old and the new. Student Loans

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 934 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I went to university in 93 to 97 then I went on to do two more years in a college to get a diploma in theology. I'm 44yrs old. I was paying both loans off.

Then my income dropped so I began to differ payment.

In 2010 I had a serious operation which left me disabled

two year later I had an accident and suffered a life changing internal brain injury.

After this I was medically retired from my work and now receive a very small pension and DLA.

When it came time to differ my loans my wife contacted SLC who were very helpful.

For my pre 98 loan they sent me a letter saying that as I was permanently unfit for work my loan would now be differed for three years at a time.

Then after some toeing and froing between my neurologist, my GP, my occupational Dr from work and the SLC I got another letter saying that I didn't need to defer payment any more.

But the letter didn't mention being written off.

I was under the impression that due to my physical and mental state my loan was to be scrapped.

Now just recently we started getting letters from some Spanish company looking for payment.

And today I got my loans statement from SLC.

Can anyone tell me if I'm still liable for the repayment of my loans?

Much appreciated.

John

Spanish company?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets