NCP PCN - parking outside white lines - Prince Street Bristol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

I have ended up here after Googling NCP PCN and wanted to know if the above advise still holds true ?

My "friend" parked at the end of a row next to a wall,

but the car was on the white line,

even though there was nothing on that side of the car apart from a wall.

Newbie with a PCN here ! I got a PCN at the Prince Street NCP in Bristol yesterday for parking on / outside the white lines.

In my defence it was at the end of a row, with a small empty gap between the parking space and the wall. As my car is a 2 door coupe with stupidly long doors, I tend to park at the end of rows, as far from anyone else as possible to give me half a chance of being able to get in the car again.

I admit I was breaking the NCP rules, but as I was not inconveniencing anyone, I assumed I would be ok. Obviously not ! So after hearing all the stories about what and what not to do, I thought I'd better check for myself. I found a thread on here (can't link, but it is further down this section from a couple of years ago) with some sound advice, but just wanted to check it was still valid.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Sorry ! Newbie not RTFM ! The date of infringement? 23/05/2017; Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? No; If you haven't appealed yet - ,......... have you received a Notice To Keeper? No; Who is the parking company? NCP; Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Prince Street NCP, Bristol

Edited by Grahamdub

Do not contact the PPC for a windscreen ticket ever, always wait for the NTK (notice to keeper).

You have not committed an offence and you won't be paying anything, all markings in private car parks are simply tarmac graffiti and are not enforceable under any laws.

Wait for the NTK and respond as the keeper to that - do not admit you were the driver ever, simply state that you do not believe any charge is applicable and you require a POPLA code.

You then appeal to POPLA stating that markings are unenforceable and they should allow the appeal, even if they don't the POPLA decision is only binding on the PPC and not you so you still don't have to pay.

Wow ! You chaps reply quickly on here ! Thanks, I will wait for the NTK letter and do as you suggest.

Quick question - the NTK will take over 28 days to arrive I assume ? In which case will I be liable to be charged more than the £100, or as I am appealing, will it be held at the £100 ?

Yes, an NTK received following the issue of a NTD doesn't usually come with a "Discount", but as Honeybee has already said, you'll probably end up with a 100% discount rather than the 40% discount that they'd be offering anyway thumbup.gif

NCP don't usually fall foul of this, but also keep your eye on dates. NTK's generated in this way MUST arrive on your doormat no earlier than 29 days and no later than 56 days after the parking event. Outside of those dates, they've already scuppered their own chances of ever being able to get paid.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

the wording of the requirement for a discount period is a bit vague as the assumption is that the keeper has received some notification within the original discount period

some companies apply the same discount to the keeper notice as it is legally the first time they have been made aware of this.

Most IPC members don't and some even try and avoid any discount period at all by claiming that the POFA doesn't apply to them as they have telepathy on their side (but not the law though).

NTK to be legit has to arrive between 29 and 56 days after the date of the event.

If you want to spend the next 2 months on a pointless exercise try looking up legislation on regulations for off street parking paint lines and signs.

There isn't any so saying that you parked over a line is meaningless and doubly so in your case.

CIf they claim it is part of a contract then the contract must be very clear on this point and that is why we ask to see the signs at the entrance to the car park and any other different signs dotted about the place.

Most aren't any good to be considered a binding contract.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar issue (posted elsewhere). My car is on a company lease so a NTK would go direct to them and in my experience lease companies just pay the fine and charge it onto the driver. Is there anything I can do about this?

From my experience (company hire car), the hire car company passed the fine to my company, who then took the payment out of my salary without notifying me. As I had not received a parking ticket, I queried it and it turned out that it wasn't the car I had been driving at all. My company, and the hire car company, were none to helpful, so I hope you have better luck than me !

I got the money back in the end.

Luckily my wife spotted the deduction on my payslip

- the joys of being married to an IFA

- otherwise I would have never known.

It actually turned out to be a charge from Kwikfit they had put through as a parking fine,

when it was actually a replacement tyre for a hire car I had never used,

that the company wouldn't have been charged for anyway !

I was shocked that my company could just get a charge and not query it in anyway,

before deducting the money from someones salary.

Apparently fines are deductible from your salary, but some notice would have been nice, so I could dispute it.

A lot of people arrive here not knowing the difference between a fine and the parking cos' speculative invoices. But if you end up in this situation again, you'll be better informed and you can always come and ask the guys here. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...