• Tweets

• you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
    • Hi there, the company name on the bit of paper is:   Bristow & Sutor   Says the total amount £990.49 and this includes £235 enforement stage fees,  The CTAX was owed to North Tyneside Council. The guy also said that it wasn't just for CTAX. Other debts were combined.   I did leave other debts behind too when I moved. Perhaps a utility bill, credit card debts and a Provi doorstep loan.   I think the guy said that he would be back Saturday too. This is what I'm trying to avoid multiple visits. Don't want my mam to get upset.   Thanks for the help.   Bear
  • Our picks

DaveW23

Mixed up Water Meters - help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 907 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Evening,

My neighbours and I have just discovered that my house's actual water meter is officially registered as my next door neighbours supply. My official water meter is actually 99's. My next door neighbours official water meter is actually number 99's. Number 99's official water meter is actually my next door neighbours.

We have all lived in the same houses since they were built and commissioned with water meters in 2011.

We are all aware of our water meter serial numbers as per our bills and information sharing. We have carried out testing together and made the following findings:

Me - bill useage 455 m3 - actual 256 m3

My next door neighbour - bill useage 256 m3 - actual 844 m3

Number 99 - bill useage 844 m3 - actual 455 m3.

Conclusion:

I have over paid 200 m3 too much by paying number 99's useage

My next door neighbour has under paid by 588 m3 by paying my useage

Number 99 has over paid by 389 m3 by paying my next door neighbour useage

We all pay by direct debit.

We are obviously poised ready to contact the water company but we are unsure wther to do this as a group or as individuals?

Am I due a refund?

Can I cancel my direct debit?

Call the Police?

Demand compensation,

charge for access to my house if necessary?

Call Ofwat?

Sue 'em?

Is there a course of action that one can take for these types of scenarios?

Thanks for your time?

Dave

It won't be the water companies fault unless they installed the meters allocating them incorrectly against each house.

Best course of action is to phone the water company and explain that there has been a mistake with the water meter set up for 3 houses. They will probably want to send someone out to check first and then see if it was their mistake.

Start this investigation process first and i am sure the water company will engage with all concerned to try to resolve. I would not jump in with a complaint yet.

Don't cancel the Direct Debit, unless you find that the water company are slow in resolving.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

nothing to do with the police its a civil matter

you each simply need to write an individual letter

BRIEFLY pointing out the errors you have found.

and its to the water company you pay.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Which water company?

Good Morning,

Thanks for all your replies.

I have written to them now as instructed by the consumer council for water who are the national watch dog for consumers/households regarding all things water.

I'll refrain from mentioning the water company just yet as I have to protect their integrity for the moment as I have not received an official response from them.

I was also advised to add that my complaint is an individual complaint and not part of a group.

Regards,

Dave

Good Evening,

Here's the latest update:

The water company have acknowledged my letter of complaint and have arranged to visit next week in the evening to verify my findings.

My neighbours will also be in attendance as our water supplies are required to be turned off and on during the investigation process.

They have noted in writing that once the information has been collected they will discuss the results with me.

CC Water are also aware of the progress of this matter and I have forwarded them the email trail that has been produced since email communication commenced.

I'll keep you posted..

Dave

well done

moving fwd then

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Good Evening,

My complaint has been verified and confirmed. In total, three properties have had their water supplies crossed over to other properties water accounts. This has been the case since the properties were moved into from 2011 onwards.

The water company have told me they are quantifying the mistake and I have informed CCW of the announcement as they are also in the communication loop.

I have also been in touch with my bank and now have in my knowledge bank all the water direct debits (63 payments) since I moved into that address so I know precisely how much I have paid for water as a sum total and what dates.

I am awaiting their proposal(s)

Dave

So what is the industry standard way of dealing with this ?

There should be legislation and/or rules coverlng this situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

My friend was in the exact same situation and after a complaint to ofwat he was only charged the difference between what he had paid and what he should have paid in the previous 12 months minus £200 compo.

His meter was crossed with that of an old lady living on her own and he has a family of 5.

When he told the woman she was gonna get a refund going back since meter installation (2010) she almost had an heart attack.

Her case is still ongoing though because water company disputes the fact that they're out of pocket with my friend,

they only want to repay what she paid extra in the last 12 months.

All charges are documented like in your case.

So don't give up and start the ofwat complaint.