• Tweets

• Defence submitted. On my clear score report there doesn't seem to be any date of default noted, nor can I see where that might appear. When they responded to my CCA and CPR requests they didn't give me a default date either. So, what happens now? Is it likely that I'll actually have to go to court over this?
    • Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I guess I will need to get copies of the agreement to check that, which may take some time.   What do you suggest I should I do in the interim, as I'm conscious the clock is ticking on needing to AOS?
    • Hi everyone    ive had a card in an envelope hand delivered today from Resolvecall asking me to contact them urgently.   i want to ignore it but I’m not sure that’s the best thing to do?   i had some issues some years ago which have now all been resolved to my knowledge. Anything that I may have overlooked will be way over 6 years, I now have a very healthy credit rating with nothing on any of my credit files.   I have no idea what these people want and this is the 1st contact.    can someone point me in the direction?   thanks    mike 
    • I've been reading up on cases, especially the HSBC vs. Carey. Am I missing something?  It appears to be the conclusion that the decisions in this case meant that regardless of what date  credit agreements were entered into, a claimant no longer needs to produce a signed copy - or even original copy.  It appears that a reconstituted copy of agreement is acceptable by a court and any judge that seems to be swaying towards using it as a reason to find against a claimant could easily be reminded or prompted by their solicitor.  How do I defend my case to be any different?  It will clearly be a case of :   It looks like you probably had a credit card. They've produced a copy of original agreement and added your name and address - so that's good to go. They've got a statement showing a balance outstanding. Therefore, game up - why are you even bothering to defend?     I am working on my "Formal defence"    Can I just ask for some "bullet points"   So far - my main arguments will be that the requested "credit agreement" is not a credit agreement - it is a barely legible application form - which does not bear any account numbers which correspond with the statements produced by the claimant nor match the agreement number included in the original claim (POC).  Secondly, as helpfully highlighted by DX, their WS is relying on a screenshot of "the claimant's predecessors system screen" to show that a default notice was issued on 08/06/2010; clearly there is no copy of said Default notice. Other items I have up my sleeve - should I include? - are the discrepancy in the amounts owing between the Assignment notices - Lloyds stating a figure in excess of £6k (dated 29/6/19) and a letter from Hoist informing me of this assignment but stating an outstanding amount of £4.5k (the amount of the claim).  Clearly, the lack of reference numbers - i.e. their claim does not match the 16 digit credit card number shown on the numerous statements they have included in their WS. And do not match a number shown on the blurry application form. Also, the application form is dated 1998, the first statement they provide is 2010 - can I use this gap/lack of evidence in my favour? I notice on my "illegible" application form there was a reference to "credit card payments insurance" (I assume this is PPI) - during my research, I'm sure I read that any t&c provided should also include this - I notice their seven added pages make no reference to PPI - which even if I didn't take it out would surely have been needed to be included?   So - just to summarise - is it the "poor quality credit agreement"; the fact that they haven't even declared that they are producing reconstituted copies of t&c and the lack of default notice having been issued - well lack of copy?   On the flip side - where do I stand in terms of the payments I was making - allegedly to this account - via Robinson Way? Is that a case of acting dumb/naive?   Thanks very much everyone.   Barafear.    
    • it sometimes takes a good while for all related entries to be removed.   dx
  • Our picks

delicarik123

Lowell Claimform - Old JD Williams CAT Debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 928 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I have this morning received a Claim Form, it is from Lowells.

i am confused,

I am pretty sure I took this up with Shop Direct at the time and asked for documents etc but to no avail.

This account was defaulted on 29/10/2013 and has been with lowell for a while.

They have tried to ask me for the money back but I did not respond.

The debt on the letter from solicitors 2 weeks ago states i owed 846.65 but this claim form says 914.38 then fees on top of that bringing it to 1044.38.

My question is,

do I fight this or do I offer them some payment scheme if they will allow at this point as I have had no communication with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Date of issue – 19 May 2017

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

Particulares of Claim:

1) the defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated with JD Williams under account reference XXXXXX (‘the Agreement)

2) The defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 31/03/2014 and notice given to the defendant

4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £846.65 remains due and outstanding

And the Claimant claims

a) The said sum of £846.65

b) Interestpursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.186, but limited to one year, being £67.73

c) Costs

What is the value of the claim? £1044.38

Is the claim for a current (Overdraft) or credit card /loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Catalogue

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 06/11/2011

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. DCA

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Don’t remember notice of assignment

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Can’t remember

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Payment difficulties – asked for credit agreement etc and either no response or they sent me minimal info – was some time ago (over 4 years)

What was the date of your last payment? Probably 2013

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan ? yes

Just realise I said Shop Direct and it is JD Williams, I thought it was shop direct.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

don't sign anything

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thank you for this, much appreciated. I have done MCOL. I am now printing off the CCA and CPR 31.14 to send.

Also, sorry to be a pain, but I will be moving from my current address soon, can I provide them with a care of address?

when do you think it will happen?

dx

spreadsheets 

will be out of current address by end june

do you def know where you are moving too? address

dx

spreadsheets 

With parents sadly as a temp measure, don't want any "bad debt" moving there with me though

It is only temporary though. I will be redirecting my post, so maybe just leave it as where i am?

yes redirection is much better but you must inform all your creditors if you move else backdoor ccj's will come!

spreadsheets 

Yes I will do, can I just say it is a care of address, what I don't want is if I was to get a CCJ for it to be linked to their address. thanks

old wives tale

no such thing as a CCJ linked to any address hurting anyone else in the household

spreadsheets 

Ok thanks, that makes me feel a little better :)

I have just had a thought,

anything I send to them (going to post out letters recorded on Friday)

if I sign them,

I can sign them in my maiden name as I have changed names

and send them a copy of my marriage cert, decree absolute and birth cert to verify me, do you think this is ok.

Many thanks

you don't sign ANYTHING

go read the CCA request

and the

CPR 31:14 links again!

spreadsheets 

ok sorry yeah will do. I have trouble retaining info. Thanks again.

then all the more reason to re read your thread and the info already given to refresh your mind before you do anything you are not sure about.

spreadsheets 

Thanks for your help dx it is much appreciated.

You can defend the claim fully using either your maiden name or married name..both are legally accepted.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread