Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • The FCA has publicly censured Premier FX Limited (Premier FX) for failing to safeguard its customers’ money and for misuse of its payment accounts under the Payments Services Regulations. In doing so, Premier FX seriously misled its customers about the services it was authorised to provide and how it held customers’ money. View the full article
    • I have sent a response to quote that and also say that i will be submitting my already prepared claim to the county court   Thanks for the quick response! I will see what happens next
    • The High Street-only retailer says it has lost £1.1bn in sales due to the recent lockdown. View the full article
    • Ignore it.   Or,   If it were me I would send in the following email  
    • Below is the response i have received to the emailed version of the letter of claim.  They should get the actual letter today       Thank you for contacting our Executive Office team. My name is Gavin and your email has been received and I have personally been asked to investigate this matter for you.   I’m very sorry this has happened, and I would really like to help you with this today by assisting you in making a claim, should you wish to do so.   I can see that this parcel was booked through Packlink Shipping. Packlink use our network to send their parcels through, but they are an independent shipper and any enquiries about their parcels need to go directly to them.   Here is the link to the Packlink website and claims department: https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014270619   You can also make contact with Packlink with the links below.   • eBay Delivery Help Center: https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb • Packlink Help Center: https://support.packlink.com/hc/en-gb   I hope this helps you to get your Packlink enquiry resolved.   Kind regards,        
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1372 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi All


Bit of a tricky one but looking for advice on the below.


Bought a house in 2005 with ex partner (not married) through NRAM, mortgage in joint names.


We spilt and she asked me to take over the house in 2007, which I agreed to. Got round to try to complete a change of parties in 2012 once I knew I would be accepted by NRAM on the change of parties as I had a well paid job at this point.


Managed to get my ex into the solicitors to sign the transfer of deeds into my name, thought everything was going smothley and thought the change of parties would go through only to find out that my ex had an outstanding loan which created a equitable charge on the property (£13k) so NRAM declined the transfer after all the paper work had been signed by both parties.


After failed attempts of trying to bargain with NRAM they refused to complete the change of parties. At this point my ex was unaware that the transfer had not gone through and would be pointless chasing her asking for her to pay it off as I knew she wouldn't have the money.


Fast forward to 2016 and after advice and research I realised that the charge should not have been placed on the property only a restriction K. My solicitor has now dealt with this with NRAM and the charge is getting replaced with a restriction and I'm seeking damages from them.


The problem now lies back with my ex as I was required to get back in touch through my solicitor and explain that the transfer did not go through in 2012 and I need her to resign documents when required to. My ex has now turned round and refuses to sign saying she owns half the property and wants money from the sale.


Bare in mind that when we split in 2007 we were in arrears and negative equity. 10 years on and I got the house out from arrears and there is £40-£50k equity in the house, my ex has not contributed anything towards the property in over 10 years.


I know that she is entitled to 50% of the profit as it stands as she is still on the deeds but would I have a case that she received nothing from the sale of the property if we got as far as court giving the fact that she was willing too and did sign paperwork for the house to be transferred over to me in 2012?


The only reason she has refused to sign over now is because she has seen it up for sale and knows how much equity is in the property.


Any legal advice on this would be very helpful.


My solicitor seems very slow and is trying to put pressure on her but not sure if it will work.





Link to post
Share on other sites

Jointly owned property still and therefore i am not sure you can do much to stop her being entitled to 50% of any money left after mortgage and costs repaid.


I would think that if your Solicitor thought it was worth asking a court to review this, that they would have suggested it. But it might be that the cost and time involved makes it not worth it. You were not married, but there is probably a court application that can be made to ask for any financial relationship to be ended on fair terms based on contribution.


Others on this site are more versed in legal matters and you might get other responses.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

well, an accountant will be able to prove she owes you money from all of this but that is not the same as prsuading a judge that you should get ebverything. getting them matter to court and then a bit of horse trading before the hearing is usually how people sort this out. If she ever wants a mortgage then she will be willing to stop the silliness.

Shhe is not entitled to a share of the profit, her entitlement will depend on the type of tenancy you have on the title, either tenants in common or joint tenants. Again, that may make a difference to what you seek from NRAM with regard to your lost opportunities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So whats happened about......


" ex had an outstanding loan which created a equitable charge on the property (£13k) "


Has she paid it ?


Even a Restriction will require settlement at some stage.



We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...