BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I have just received this email from the courts in Burnley:   "Dear Mr Xxxxx                            Due to them age of the file there is no paper work to send. The letter you received from ourselves was because we are destroying attachment of earnings files and have to give the parties chance to inform us  if the debt is still live. The case relates to a debt Arrow, Global bought from HSBC, A/C NO - 999999/99999999, that goes back to 2001 and the claimant bought in 2014. If you think the debt is paid or wish to contest it you should apply to set judgment aside on form N244 which will unfortunately cost £ 255.00. You can also use form EX160 for help with the fees."   Not sure which letter they mean as I have received nothing.
    • Also, here is a link https://www.hestia.org/domestic-abuse   https://www.hestia.org/brightsky  
    • Here is the app from the play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newtonmobile.hestia&hl=en   I think there is an equivalent on the Apple store. I think it provides advice and contacts but I also heard somewhere that it allows you to keep some kind of log. I think keeping a log is extremely important – especially if there is any doubt as to whether one is going to be believed.
    • On the Middlesbrough Council portal a search for "Excel" - "Excel Parking Services" - "Excel Parking Services Ltd" produced no results. A search for "The Leisure Fund Ltd" brought up a request for planning permission for a building extension.
    • I'm afraid that I'm not especially familiar with the injunctions and orders et cetera that are available in these kinds of buried difficult situations. What I am pretty certain of is that if there is some kind of proceedings began while the partner is still living in the home then that will increase tensions to an intolerable level and also increase any danger. I think this would mean that they would have to be a move to have the abusive partner excluded from the home. How many children are there and why should she be worried that the children might be taken away? I have to say that if the children are living in a situation where they are aware that there is this level of abuse between their parents then it can only be extremely damaging to them and the sooner the matter was resolved and the home became a peaceful and stable environment for them, the better. I think this would absolutely require the removal of the abusive partner. If the police have already been made aware of his abusive behaviour then it seems to me that the presumption will be in favour of her remaining at the home with her children. One thing she should certainly do is start to keep a detailed log of what is going on. She needs to be extremely careful that this log is not discovered and in fact I think that there is an app which maybe allows a log to be kept and is stored off the phone and in the cloud somewhere. I will check it out and come back. I very much hope that there will be others who have experience of this kind of thing either because they have been in this kind of situation or else because they have supported somebody who is in that situation who will be able to come along and give better advice. Can you tell us more about the children please. I think that their well-being might be pivotal to finding a solution to the whole problem
  • Our picks

schwepppes33

Gave wrong bank details for payment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a problem. I gave the wrong bank details to a company to pay me for work and they have paid the wrong account. There was a single typo in the details with the account number. I realised the mistake almost immediately and contacted the company but they had already paid into the wrong account by faster payment.

How do I get my money?

Have them contact their bank and get it refunded.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I provided them with the account name, account number, and sort code, and assumed they had a three point check in their accounting. They don't.

I have asked them to do so. I am more interested in what happens if they don't.

To complicate things further, this was payment for a won court case.

Should I mark the case as settled?

Do they still owe me money?

if you havent received the money then its not settled. Sure. You provided wrong details, but you corrected them and the bank can refund that money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I think you have to speak to your bank immediately. The bank should be able to help.

I think the company has paid the money correctly I'm afraid, so I don't think they owe you any money. They are entitled to assume that the bank details you give them being correct. However the company should co-operate if you need their help dealing with the bank.

I provided them with the account name, account number, and sort code, and assumed they had a three point check in their accounting. They don't.

I don't think there is any way for the company to check whether the account details are correct. The bank won't give them any information about the account. All they can do is enter the payment details you give them into their online banking. Most banks make payments on the basis of sort code and account number only (i.e. you can enter an account name but it doesn't seem to make any difference).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS