Hoist AEO received at old UK address - i've not lived in the UK for 10yrs!! - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm looking for advise. I live overseas for past 10 years. Yesterday at a friends address in UK where I receive my bank statements a letter arrived looking official. At my request my friend opened it.

It is a Notice of Application for Attachments of Earnings Order. Judgement Creditor: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited. In the: Country Court Money Claims Centre. Amount 3,975.28 GB. The Judgement Debtor is under my maiden name and I've since been married, divorced and re-married.

I have never heard of this company and no of no debt to them. They are not listed on companies house, but from research it seems they are linked to Robinson Way a DCA.

There is no contact telephone number and only instruction to pay Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors, based in Leeds. Again they are not registered on Companies House.

The form looks official with case number and reference number. The document is dated 17th May 2017 and says payment required in 8 days of notice or further action including a possible 14 days prison.

I am very concerned especially as this is now logged at a friends address, where i have never lived but do get my UK bank statements sent to.

Any advise gratefully received.

so hoist got a backdoor CCJ whilst you were resident abroad.

there should be a CCJ number on the letter

ring northants and tell then you've lived abroad for 10yrs

the judgement is void

you cant get a CCJ if you are not resident in the UK.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Alfa15 and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the Financial Legal Issues in view of the CCJ/AoE.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes send evidence to the court that you have been resident abroad for 10 years. If you phone them first then you can then make sure you send information to the right people.

Where are you resident, as that will affect whether this UK CCJ can be registered with the foreign court where you live ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes send evidence to the court that you have been resident abroad for 10 years. If you phone them first then you can then make sure you send information to the right people.

Where are you resident, as that will affect whether this UK CCJ can be registered with the foreign court where you live ?

"I'm living in the Middle East, not UAE, should i say which country?"

you are there

keep posting.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hello

There is no CCJ number but from what it looks like the AoE is with the County Court Money Claims Centre. There is no details for them, but a case number, application number and judgement creditor reference but no judgement debtor reference.

I'm really at a loss. There seems no one to contact. But I've also been reading things like dont make contact Whats the best way to deal with this I dont want to cause any trouble for my friend at her address

Yes there is information on the document you attached. In small writing it has the contact info for the court in Salford near Manchester.

And there are references on the top of the court document.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Fill it in and state you are unemployed...and forget about it.Attachment of Earnings are not applicable to the unemployed.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

ok so the way forward is to contact the court and show them evidence of living abroad and currently not working??

Yep, do as Andy suggests. Complete the form and fax it back to the court. I would also advise that you have been resident in x middle east country for 10 years and give the address. The can't touch you where you are living.

Following calls to the court and the judgements creditors solicitors it seems that Hoist bought a debt from Capital One Credit Card.

I did have one but no re-call of any outstanding debt when I left UK in 2008.

A claim was issued on 2/3/2013 and deemed served on 11/3/2103.

They cant tell me where these where served I suspect at my last UK address, but of course these never came to me as I was overseas.

I am completing the AoE form stating my unemployment to send together with a letter confirming facts of:

Name of Judgement is in my maiden name

Address is wrong - its a friend address where i have never lived. How did they get that??

Living and working overseas since 2008, with proof of my residence visa

Unemployment since Jane 2016 and cancellation of my work visa

I now reside here only on tourist visa, that does not permit me to work

No knowledge of the claim & notices served in 2013

I do not acknowledge the judgements or AoE and dispute all claims

I also found out the original debt is 2,627.17 they have been adding interest at 8% per day and not it is 3,975.28

Is any of this legal?

Please can any one advise the best way to deal with this.

Do I need a legal representative, that I cannot afford.?

Also how can I stop any of this effecting my friends address?

or further communication going there

8% per annum but only up until date of judgment normally.

I cant effect your friends address...you are informing them you are no longer UK resident.

Andy