BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• She impresses me vastly Lives by her beliefs too  
    • It's a very simple answer It,s a tradition me and a few of my long term mates go the pub to watch the football all day on boxing day and on new years day and our number one rule is we don't take our phones.! We don't see each other as we used to with us all leading different lives and having families but that is the one thing we have all promised too do until the day we die.! So it was quite normal for me not to have my phone and no need to worry about it because xmas and new year is the inky time of the year that I get a complete break from work zero emails zero phone calls.Its the only time in a whole year I completely have a break.
    • St Greta would love a canal with solar powered narrowboats.........
    • Name of the Claimant ? Erudio Student Loans Ltd   Date of issue – 9th Jan 2020   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 1.The claimant claims £10,100 for monies due from the defendant   2.The debt was pursuant to a regulated agreement(s) between the defendant and The Student Loans Comedy Limited. Each agreement had an individual account number as follows  XXX XXX XXX XXX   3.The defendant failed to make payments as per the terms resulting in the agreements being terminated. Notice of such is served by a Default or Termination Notice subject to the terms of the agreements.   4. The debt was assigned to the claimant on XX/XX/2013, with a notice provided to the Defendant. A new master reference number XXX was also applied upon assignment 5. The claimant has complied with the Pre Action Protocol for Debt claims.   What is the total value of the claim? £10,100  Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No    Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes, possibly more than once. This claim form has been sent to my home address   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No, I have never heard of Erudio before I received this claim form.  I did notify The Student Loans Company Ltd about my address change though. Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Student Loans   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Before.   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I think I signed the forms in person, although it would have been about 25 years ago so I can't be positive.   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. It says that the debt was assigned.   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No, I have never received any notice of assignment   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not that I remember   Why did you cease payments? I always returned Deferrment notices to The Student Loans Company as I never earned enough to have to start repaying these loans. I still haven't. But the SLC stopped sending deferment notices to me, and in fact stopped sending anything to me. I don't know when the last time I had any communication from them.   What was the date of your last payment? I've never paid     Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not to my knowledge    Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No I did not   This is for a huge amount of money, and I've never heard of Erudio before I received this. I do sometimes have problems with my post at my home address.  I really appreciate all help that anyone can give with this. My ideal outcome on this would be that they drop the court action and I send them Deferment notices for the future.
  • Our picks

ste_barrett

Capquest suddenly chasing a very old student loan - can they do that?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 975 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I left uni in 1999 and deferred my SL for a few years while my earnings were under the threshold. I started paying probably in about 2003 and stopped in 2007 when I left the country. I have not heard anything from SLC since then and have made no payments since then. I'm back in the UK now.

Today I got a letter from Capquest saying there is £2358 outstanding but they will accept £1650 as a settlement. I've read elsewhere here about asking them to provide a CCA or tell them that the debt is now statute barred as I have not heard from anyone or made a payment for 10 years now.

Could anyone advise me what I should do? The letter is not threatening, its written with green highlights (though I'm sure these will soon turn red), however it does say "If visible on your credit file we will mark your account as satisfied with a partial settlement flag". Obviously I don't want them going near my credit file.

Thanks

Settlement and capquest means its a lemon debt. You can ignore it. Its SB. They know it but theyre so greedy they still try and get money from you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

I left uni in 1999 and deferred my SL for a few years while my earnings were under the threshold. I started paying probably in about 2003 and stopped in 2007 when I left the country. I have not heard anything from SLC since then and have made no payments since then. I'm back in the UK now.

Today I got a letter from Capquest saying there is £2358 outstanding but they will accept £1650 as a settlement. I've read elsewhere here about asking them to provide a CCA or tell them that the debt is now statute barred as I have not heard from anyone or made a payment for 10 years now.

Could anyone advise me what I should do? The letter is not threatening, its written with green highlights (though I'm sure these will soon turn red), however it does say "If visible on your credit file we will mark your account as satisfied with a partial settlement flag". Obviously I don't want them going near my credit file.

Thanks

Can you confirm years you took out the loans.

Should be statute barred if first loan year was pre 1998 and you can just tell them what they are chasing is subject to statute of limitations and you ask them to stop contacting you unless they have proof to the contrary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks everyone. The loans would have been taken out in 1995 to 1998 as I left in '99.

Will it definitely not affect my credit file?

Should I literally ignore it (|i.e. bin it), or get in touch with them to tell them its SB?

Thanks again, super quick service!

the loans cant no

and I doubt a CCJ could be gained after all this time

are you resident at the last known address with SLC?

or would get mail if it went there

you need to read the threads in that link first and get up to speed as well.

No, I'm not resident there, I presume it is my last address in 2008 before moving overseas. I don't know how Capquest got hold of my current address.

credit file

ok well you need to protect against a backdoor CCJ.

send our statute barred letter from the debt collection section of our library

Done!

Thanks very much...I'll be sure to hit that donate button if this works