mary-lou

No P45 or P60 from previous employers

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 937 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I left work in March and I have contacted payroll who have failed to issue a P45. They also said I won't get a P60. Their explanation for this was because of the time I left . Can anyone explain this to me ?

you should get a P45 and as such not a P60. It will contain the same information up until the date you left. If you worked for someone else after leaving them but before the 5th April they will have to provide the P60

Thank you,

The pay role department manager of my ex employment office told me that because I left in March - reports for P45 had gone and therefore one was not issued. How do I insist they issue me one ?

you may need to bother your tax office so ask the company what the tax office is. There is a little code on your payslips that should indicate that.

The payroll manager is just making excuses for dept not doing their jobs properly, they have the information but cant be arsed to look for it in a suitable format. They can order a hard copy fro HMRC so let them know that this is what you expect as it is a legal obligation (reg 36 of the PAYE regs 2003)

there are ways of producing one that is late and into the next tax year, it is all available for them on the gov.uk site

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Thank you - I phoned the Tax Office and they are writing to them.