• Tweets

• Thanks for the replies, its so daunting with all the emails etc, have 2 lots going now, MP with council and Dukes. Hopefully will be sorted and if owed then a reasonable payment agreement.   How do you find out exactly how much the original debt was, and how much is charges? I thought it was to ask for a breakdown, but as I showed in my early post, when I asked Dukes it just showed what I have on bailiffs letters, and dates. How do I find out the original amount?
    • It feels like we’re going round in circles a bit here.  Can you confirm:   a) whether you have made a claim to the Hoseasons insurance policy yet (not a complaint to Hoseasons directly); b) whether you have, or can get, a copy of the letter that the school photocopied, that could can send in with your insurance claim?   Everything else is just distraction, at the moment.
    • https://www.greenenergyuk.com/ What is Economy 10 electricity? Economy 10 is a UK electricity plan, officially known as a ‘differential tariff’, that can help you pay less for your electricity. Basically, you pay normal prices most of the time, but cheaper rates during other ‘off peak’ times. These off-peak times are specified by the energy provider and are spread across the day. Altogether they will add up to 10 hours during each 24-hour period - which is why the plan is known as Economy 10.The off-peak unit prices available with an Economy 10 plan are often half the standard amount – so if you use appliances like dishwashers, slow cookers or washing machines during these off-peak times, it could help you cut your energy bills. However, you will need to be careful and disciplined about your energy use, because unit rates for energy you use outside these ten hours can be higher than usual.   Andy
    • There is no categories or lists of vulnerable people in the TCE or regs.   There are lists of where vulnerable people are likely to be found in guidelines, but even these do not say that any category should be regarded as vulnerable.
    • simply phone northants bulk in the morning and ask for a copy of the claimform AND the Judgement by email PDF you'll need the CCJ number from your credit file.   dx  
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies
sallysas

HFC again

yes number logically

you can refer to the ruling/past cases etc.

I don't think you would need to inc [if large ALL of the old case notes] but certainly the sections you rely upon.

see what andy thinks

those ruling are quite well known in these cases.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Responding to your PM.

Does the court directions ask you to submit a statement as well as disclosure ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Donate button Give something back to the Consumer Action Group   

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

it only asks for original documents and witness statements which of course do not apply for my claim. Having read it again I don't have to get my documents to the court etc for another month.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Yes it does - ' ....... must include the statements of all witnesses (including the parties themselves.)' Rushing too much. Keep breathing

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

All claims involve each party submitting a statement in support of their claim/defence...which then in turn affects your disclosures...because you will have exhibits referred to within your statement that will become part of your disclosure list.

In short you cant complete your disclosures until you have finalised your statement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

So it is really a statement referring to the rulings I am relying on and using my documents and their responses to back it up? Is there a previous claim you recommend I look at to make mine comprehensible. I'm thinking it doesn't have to be book length

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

What date must you exchange statements by ?

The deadline on the documents is the 21st.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

So you have time yet to receive the defendants statement which would give you a heads up on the points of law they will rely on and you can can counter respond their arguments.

Make a start on your statement but allow for changes should you receive theirs in time.

Well I didn't receive anything from them and we are in court on Thursday. I have rung the court to advise no witness statement has been received by me and they confirm the same for the court.

I will be sending an email to the courts so the judge is now aware of this and I was told it will be up to the judge on Thursday as to whether or not he allows their witness statement to be allowed as evidence.

I did receive an ' without prejudice save as to costs' letter today from the solicitors offering roughly half the outstanding balance again stating they do not agree with the provisions of the limitations act and stating that the compound interest part of my claim is denied.

In my witness statement I stated the facts of the correspondence between me and them, mentioned Kleinwort Benson and also Sempra metals regarding restitution. I also copied the monthly statements showing the charges, all letters and hsbc terms and conditions.

If I turn up with all of this on Thursday plus Sempra ready to state my understanding of restitution does anyone think I have a chance of putting my case across. I will also take my recorded delivery receipt of my witness statement.

The only foolish thing I did was send my final letter back in October offering to settle before the further court costs were paid by myself to the defendant and NOT the solicitors so they say they did not have sight of that till it was in my witness statement.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

i think you have every chance...given that they cannot use or rely on any documents to support their defence...make the judge fully aware of this at the start of the hearing...verbally.

They have failed to comply with directions and therefore their defence should be struck out.

Please fill in your quit date here