AKTIV KAPITAL or any dca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can a dca who have been instructed to collect a debt, place a default on your credit file?They dont own the debt, dont have a deed of asignment and are meraley agents for credit company..In general what criteria must a company meet when placing defaults on peoples credit file? do they need to supply proof that credit ageement exists and they have attemted to collect payment and that legal entitlment to collect debt on behave of finance company.and advice anyone

This is MY oppinion for what it worth

BARCLAYS BANK LBA 23/10/05 £2,626.67:)MCOL ISSUED 11/11/05

LOMBARD DIRECT LBA + Default removal 25/10/06 £290.50 :grin: Received settlement but they won,t remove default

BARCLAYCARD LFB 10/9/06 £320.00 :cool:

AKTIV KAPITAL LBA DEFAULT REMOVAL letter sent 22/9/06 + 23/10/06 and as yet have had no reply (sent letter to all 3 CRA re-there none compliance):confused:

"divant worry aboot what ya owe let them woory that want,s it off ya"

Can a dca who have been instructed to collect a debt, place a default on your credit file?They dont own the debt, dont have a deed of asignment and are meraley agents for credit company..In general what criteria must a company meet when placing defaults on peoples credit file? do they need to supply proof that credit ageement exists and they have attemted to collect payment and that legal entitlment to collect debt on behave of finance company.and advice anyone

It depends on whether or not they have bought the debt. Aktiv kapital have defaulted me twice for the same debt and the original debt that was with MBNA has a default too. So 3 for the same debt. What should happen (I am told) is that the original provider should remove their default when the debt is sold. If the agent is merely acting as a representative then they have no right to place a default on the file.

17/4 Sent CCA Request to Cabot - Argos/Cabot

I am also looking into this area, but my first impressions are that they are a law unto themselves. They do what they want..

However, thanks to great sites like this, we are learning and are gaining a better understanding of the law...... Are you sure the DCA don't own the debt, as if the don't they are just collection agents and unless you made a seperate agreement with them, you can't default with them....

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol