Marriage Allowance

Sally11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have an update. I sent the letter off to HMRC by recorded delivery and it was received by them on 18th May. As the deadline for paying the £212 was today, I decided to phone them as I hadn't received a reply.

The letter was on the system but hadn't been actioned and they had until 27th June to deal with it. However,I had a long chat with the advisor and he agreed that they shouldn't have allowed the Marriage Allowance to go through. He has "pulled" the letter and will deal with it over the next few days. Although I'm not sure if he then has to give his report to the complaints dept or he will deal with the whole thing.

I'll come back with another update once I hear anything.

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the update.

You should not have phoned them. Keep all comm'ns in writing only unless you're recording your tel cons.

Wait for them to come back to you and let us know when they do. If they call to "resolve" the matter, tell them you require their written reply and you can't discuss it by phone at all.

If you get a demand for payment in the meantime, let us know and do NOT call to complain.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick132,thanks for your reply.

Your right I shouldn't have contacted them but because I hadn't had any acknowledgement from the letter I sent them I panicked especially as I should have paid the £212 by today. I'll wait now until I hear from them as you have advised. I expect I'll receive a reminder shortly and when I do I'll come back for advice.

Thank you for all you help.

Hi everyone,

I have very good news. Received a letter today from HMRC confirming that the request for £212 is no longer applicable as they have revised the calculation for 2015/16 because the marriage Allowance no longer applies.

I want to thank you all for the help I received as without your guidance I would not have known what to do. I hope my experience helps someone else who finds themselvea in the same situation as I was.

Thank you all again.

Hi Sally and thanks for the update.

This thread will serve as notice to others of the possibility of :-

1. Making a claim to transfer personal allowances between spouses or civil partners.

2. Making sure they read up on on how to do this and fully understand the process before acting.

The link from the previous page is repeated here for others to read - https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)