• Tweets

• Hi dx   Post 23 letter has been hidden as has a name in it. I did read the thread and in post 7 saw mention of 'must complain within 3 years of being aware it was mis-sold' if this is what you are referring to? Also my policy is live currently.   I think you know this, but it seems the RBS/Halifax agent doesnt know, that 'I became aware it was mis-sold just before I raised my claim (2019) having read a media article'  as I dont think the PPi team showed them the original claim form maybe, who knows.   Expanding, sorry I missed the word PPi after 'loan' in my post you quoted and highlighted. To be clear, the life protector was not for a loan, but a mortgage, and that mortgage did have a mis-sold PPi on it which they have admitted and refunded.   If it helps, I have several mortgage offers here from 1999 and they say 'Minimum life cover to be assigned to the bank'    The odd thing here is, I started the mortgage and PPi in 1999 but it was 2003 this life assurance started. I do categorically recall being told it was something I had to have though.   Many thanks   E 
    • MP's are good for other things but for some reason are not very good for Council Tax.
    • I've just acknowledged the claim and im reading up on how to do the cca and cpr requests now.   Thanks for all your help  
    • forget bailiffs they can do nothing on a consumer credit debt covered by the consumer credit act. most certainly no right of forced entry nor clamping or seizing vehicles etc etc .    and it most certainly doesn't matter, even if someone did , which they didn't, contact them and said he's got money.   you've picked up some rather wild ideas on debts and CCJ's etc from some where which are totally incorrect and way off the rails of what really happens..   your next action is to goto your credit file and write down the 3 CCJ number. then on monday go ring northants bulk RECORD YOUR CALL. quote the three CCJ numbers and ask them for a copy of EACH judgement to be sent by email PDF. also ask them to either send copies of the 3 CLAIMFORMS TOO. or if they cant do that  get them to readout for each one: the address it was served too and the EXACT details of the Particulars of claim box    once you have those details comeback to this thread.   by the way who is the fleecing DCA that pulled these 3 stunts...lowell, cabot, Link, Intrum. hoist..?? who.  
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Is it legal, for council run car parks, to lease some of their bays?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1382 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Is it legal, for council run car parks, to lease some of their bays?

I have been using a particular car park; 30 years plus. It has six levels. First level has a row of bays painted pink [nice] for 'Handicapped' & 'Parents with children.' All the other bays are painted blue. Rightly or, wrongly, this colour has been considered for the use of all others

It is a pay & display.

It was busy. I drove up to the fifth level. All the bays were blue. It was 80 per cent full.

Saw a bay and reversed in. Bought a ticket - onto windscreen.

When I returned, there was a PCN on the window for not displaying a ticket.

Found the parking office and entered.

Within were 3 parking attendants munching happily.

I was angry.

A Team leader joined me.

Went up to my car.

Pointed out my ticket.

He then alleged that I had placed it there after I had received the PCN.

Got more angry.

He said it had been issued by the Team Manager and he would have taken photos.

He began to raise him on the radio.

Whilst he was doing that, I spotted a 12" by 12" plaque saying one was not allowed to be parked in these bays

- even if 'one' had a ticket.

[Leased out to : Clinical Commissioning Group [CCG] {NHS}

My research reveals they receive from the government

i.e. 'us' two thirds of a 73 billion pound budget. Nice, again.

Bear in mind - not even the Team Leader knew any of this.

Also,

other than the plaques being small, their positioning is suspect:

The first one was blocked by my near side exterior mirror.

The second, on the rear wall, was invisible to me as it was lower than my rear view mirror,

and finally,

the third one was out of sight as it was on the other side of the car parked next to mine.

Of course, I am challenging the PCN. [inadequate signage]

Has what has occurred - legal??

Edited by aldeota

What's NHS funding, or people eating, got to do with you not seeing the signs when you parked? By all means ask here for advice, but if you're planning to appeal, you'll need to drop the silly attitude or you'll be wasting your time.

Wow : winning attitude.

Jamberson has helped loads of people, giving their time freely, and are under absolutely no obligation to answer you!

They don't deserve such a response.

Since the NHS is the largest employer in Great Britain : if you are saying you don't like NHS employees ; most people will know or be related to someone who works for the NHS.

You realise you are likely to alienate potential respondents?

and when they see how you've responded to Jamberson they may just move on to a different thread ......

there are 3 ways of approaching this PCN that should see it cancelled.

I'm sure someone will explain the to you when you calm down.

I'd got (at least) 2 different grounds of appeal, but the need to use the correct one for the (at least) 2 sets of circumstances.

Mind you, I'm not as expert for this as Jamberson ......

You must be some fat guy who works for the NHS. Just answer my question - busy cagger

Yes, it's legal.

If I did work for the NHS, I would prescribe you some glasses so you can see the signs which helpfully explain that you're not allowed to park there. I know it's complicated...

• Haha 1

I posted my query, hoping that I would receive some intelligent advice from users within CAG. I rarely use CAG [now I'm thinking - thank ****] What did I receive? - a bunch of old hens responding from darkened rooms, from God knows where. So, let us/me examine the 'Hens.' There are three; so far. Possibly, after this, more may join them. One of them posts 6.58 'posts' a day [gold] The other 1.76 a day [silver] and bronze 1.56 A DAY! Any reasonable person may consider this: "Should they get a life?"

As to receiving advice from the three oracles = I'm silly. I have a winning attitude and, I need glasses. This is my last post; as it has been completely fruitless.

I posted my query, hoping that I would receive some intelligent advice from users within CAG. I rarely use CAG [now I'm thinking - thank ****] What did I receive? - a bunch of old hens responding from darkened rooms, from God knows where. So, let us/me examine the 'Hens.' There are three; so far. Possibly, after this, more may join them. One of them posts 6.58 'posts' a day [gold] The other 1.76 a day [silver] and bronze 1.56 A DAY! Any reasonable person may consider this: "Should they get a life?"

As to receiving advice from the three oracles = I'm silly. I have a winning attitude and, I need glasses. This is my last post; as it has been completely fruitless.

"Fruitless", as a result only of your attitude.

This is a self-help site, and you've woefully failed to help yourself.

So, I average 1.56 posts per day?. So what??. What does that mean, other than its a statistic, and an average at that.

Most of those 1.56 per day help people.

Some expose idiots for their idiocy. They may not help the idiots (because they seldom have enough insight to realise they have been an idiot and wind their neck in), but even those posts certainly might help others who can learn from them.

Mostly they'd learn "behave like an ungrateful child, demanding answers and being rude to one of the forum experts, and you'll be less likely to get help ......."

The help was available to you, you just behaved in such a way those who could be bothered to respond didn't feel inclined to help. Who knows how many other saw your posts and thought "no point in even bothering with them!".

So, was that your last post. I'm devastated, as you can no doubt tell. Good riddance.

Why does he think we sit in dark rooms? I have windows in my house, believe it or not!

He complains he hasn't had enough advice then complains that we give out too much advice!

He worries about the colour of the paint on car park floors!

The guy has issues, and no mistake.

I'm glad I wasnt one of the people working there who had to receive the hair dryer treatment from him. I am no fan of what used to be called traffic wardens but they are doing a job they are instructed to do for a low wage and with sack fulls of stress. He might well have got the thing cancelled after a polite word to get them to make notes in their notebooks so when he contacted the council over this they could have used a bit of discretion. It does work sometimes.

I think we've lost the OP, he hasn't posted since 14th May.

HB

Which is what happens when they don't actually want advice when they ask for advice, but really only want "validation" of their pre-set view.