old repo debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I have been directed here by a friend who heard me talking to moorcroft about an old debt.

History I had a house repossessed way back in 2002 there was about 9k left and I was told to pay 50 every month and no bad mark would be on my credit file. I was in afgan serving my country at the time.

I jave paid this ever since and was told in 2013 that aroun 5.6k remained. Never had a statement and have been paying ever since.

In all honesty I thought these would be knocking on my door etc.

It has changed debt collectors a few times which makes no sense as I have been paying it every month

Any advice as my friend tells me I am being cash cowed and to come here

I am on a war pension and this is a lot of money

The debt is likely to still be owned by the mortgage company and they have had different debt collection agencies (DCA's) collect the payments. Obviously the DCA's are taking a fee from the payments.

In this situation, ask the current DCA whether the mortgage company still owns this debt and if so for details of the payments they are passing to the mortgage company.

If you get confirmation the debt is still owned by the mortage company, then i think you should write to them explaining your circumstances, that you have paid them since 2002 and would ask them to write off any debt remaining.

How much was the exact debt ?

How much have you paid back in total ?

Any CCJ ?

How did you agree payment e.g in writing ? Who was this agreed with ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The exact debt was about £9500.

The amount owing to date is £3198.49.

No CCJ or default issued.

By memory I think the debt was agreed in writing, but can't be sure?

Initially went to MOORCROFT but recently passed onto Enact.

Also, Alliance & Leicester are no longer trading.

Thanks for you help.

Edited by spoton

If you have been paying £50 a month since 2002, you have paid back over £8000. This means that if there is nearly £4000 left, that the debt was at one time £12000. Or interest and charges have been applied.

Which DCA is currently collecting payments ?

On the last letter from this DCA, does it state the name of the client they are collecting payments on behalf ?

Santander took over A&L accounts, so this debt is probably now owned by Santander.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

urm this smells

esp as its a shortfall and its been passed around.

who told you to pay £50PCM and when and to whom?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Rechecking,

I Know that the debt was handed from A&L to MOORCROFT

and I agreed with them I'd pay £50pcm.

It has only recently( last 6 months) been taken over by a company called ENACT.

The letter I received most recently states 'our client: Alliance & Leicester'.

I have emailed ENACT today asking if they are collecting this from A&L

and if so have asked for a schedule of payments that have been sent to them.

Steve

the dca are only collecting and the bottom line is they are powerless

only the client or the owner can actually 'do' anything to you.

now i'm trying to reset how you got told to pay this shortfall off in the first place.

the home was repo'd, did you gotto court about it?

and this is what the judge told you to do.

or and more probable, just after the repo you got scary letters that said you had to pay this off?

oh and by the way

shortfalls don't usually ever appear on credit files as its not ' debt'

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was a long time ago and my ex wife dealt with it, as I was away. Court rings a bell but can't be sure, I didn't have to attend a court or anything so perhaps it might have been all written stuff?

How could I find out?

I am hoping the DCA can come back with some more info. I am surprised that Santander have never written to me ?

Thanks for your time DX

on a shortfall they don't have too

id be sending satans bank an sar

lets find out what going on

the sad fact is, that as you've been paying the shortfall since 2002?

you've ack'd it and it yours sadly

now there could be things we can do but we need all the paperwork

first to take this apart

i'm hoping the satans bank now all about this and have been getting all your payments since 2002 but my spider sence tells me otherwise sadly..

just for ref..enact are a terrible bunch and are well know for fleecing people blind behind the scenes.

and they

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Ok thanks stu007, much appreciated.

DX- thanks. Do I send the SAR to Santander? I have no idea what the old A&L mortgage account was?

Also... I am worried that if I write to them I am at risk of damaging my credit score?

Will they put a CCJ or default repo on there?

Also... I am worried that if I write to them I am at risk of damaging my credit score? Will they put a CCJ or default repo on there?

They can't touch your credit record, as that relates to a current credit agreement or if a default happens making record of it for 6 years. The mortgage was ended in 2002 or before, so nothing can be noted. Therefore no effect on credit scoring.

I think it is unlikely they would go for a CCJ if you stopped paying. You have paid back over £8000 of a debt you said was £9500. In many cases other people would not have paid anything or it would have been written off years ago. A relative of mine had a £30,000 mortage repo debt written off for a £2000 one off payment.

Get the subject access request sent off to Santander to obtain all information. Make sure you say in the letter that it relates to an A&L mortgage repossession and provide them with as much information as possible. Ask them for full details of the repossession process and the account since that time.

I think it is quite possible that if you asked Santander to write this off now, that they might agree to this. But get the info first.

Update:

After emailing the DCA asking to confirm if they had brought the debt off A&L and if so provide a statement of payments to A&L.

Their response:

"We confirm that we act as agents for our client and have not bought the debt. Unfortunately we can’t send sensitive information by email regarding payments but we can send you a letter or you can telephone our office"

I have asked them to send me this letter.

😟🔫

they are agents no powers they only want to collect for conmmissions off you they do not own the alledged debt, they have no powers just begging letters to you so they get monies for collecting off you!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: