Wrongful CCJ issued against me which has now been set aside

axil23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok will get this done.

I really can't afford to loose this case as that CCJ will hurt my credit for the next 6 years.

Is there anything else I can take?

I was thinking of taking a land registry search to show the owner of the house is my Dad.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my case in a few days.

I had committed to my business partner that I would do a loan of 10,000 into our company by the end of last month.

When I applied for a loan to my bank it was rejected due to the CCJ.

Even though I have successfully taken out a personal loan from them tons of times.

This left me in a very nasty situation so had to beg and borrow some of it

and the bank agreed to give me a emergency overdraft for the rest.

I am now stuck with extra fees of £300 for this.

Will I be given a option by the judge to claim any costs?

" Will I be given a option by the judge to claim any costs? "

Only if the set a side is allowed or if they wish to continue he may reserve costs to the outcome of the claim...but again if they win...no costs.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The judge agreed to set judgement aside but corrected the names wanted to claim to be heard again.

So what does this mean?

When I asked the judge if the CCJ will come off my credit history he said it will be marked as set aside.

Does this mean that my credit history goes back to normal now

or will I have to build it up again as the score is currently 200 when it used to be 850+.

Do I need to do anything to clear the CCJ or is it a automated process?

The judge agreed to set judgement aside but corrected the names wanted to claim to be heard again.

So what does this mean?

When I asked the judge if the CCJ will come off my credit history he said it will be marked as set aside.

Does this mean that my credit history goes back to normal now Yes

or will I have to build it up again as the score is currently 200 when it used to be 850+. No

Do I need to do anything to clear the CCJ or is it a automated process?

Automated....but check with Trust Registry that its not registered.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 months later...

Finally got this set aside.

The judge said that the case will be started afresh against me as the claimant is still adamant that I am jointly liable.

I have received the court documents and have replied back to the court with photos to show the quality of work done.

Do I need to send the photo's to the claimant too?

I have shown him the work wasn't satisfactory before but does he need to see what I will be relying on when I defend the case?

Can you show us your Defence please?

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by that?

I got a letter from the court that asked for my part of the story and asked me to sign a statement of truth.

My question is that in a CCJ case do I need to send any photos that I will be using in court on the day to the other party too?

It was a good couple of months back.

Can't remember exactly but in brief it was an explanation of why I thought his work was not what I had asked for and of the quality that a new product should be.

Were you not given copies of what you signed?

Who has these signed documents, you need copies!

How will you be able to successfully defend this with no paperwork?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

gentlemen

no need to keep quoting the post you are replying too

makes the thread twice as long...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am really confused.

someone has done a CCJ against me.

I got the paperwork to either admit it or defend it.

I filled in the courts documents and posted them off to the court with the required photos which I would like to use to defend my case.

Thats all that I have done.

My question is the photos that I have taken do I need to send them to the claimant too?

You will be expected to follow directions once the claim has been allocated to track and transferred to your local county court...the directions will consist of submitting a witness statement with any evidence (documents/pictures) attached and you will be required to complete standard disclosure (everything you rely on a evidence).

When you are subjected to any litigation (court claim) its common sense to retain a file of your own of everything submitted..how else are you able to refer to things you have stated under questioning ?

Andy

It has been appointed to the court and that is the documents that I was referring to.

Replied to them 2 months back and yes I have kept a copy of everything I have sent.

My question is do I need to send copies of the photos to the claimant too?

It has been appointed to the court and that is the documents that I was referring to. Replied to them 2 months back and yes I have kept a copy of everything I have sent. My question is do I need to send copies of the photos to the claimant too?

Has the claim been transferred to your local county court yet ?

Have you completed a Directions Questionnaire ?

When you submit your witness statement to the court and claimant you will attach everything you rely on, including photos to it as exhibit "A" , exhibit "B" etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

It has been appointed to the court and that is the documents that I was referring to. Replied to them 2 months back and yes I have kept a copy of everything I have sent. My question is do I need to send copies of the photos to the claimant too?

Then why can't you copy and paste your Defence in here then?!