Southern Water/SHULMANS claimform***Claim Struck Out***

Gordy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you state you admit the claim partially and happy with the part debt you agree with...... there is no room to haggle ? ...you negotiate the terms of payment...over how long a period...that each party bear the own costs in the claim and that the claim is stayed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont be paying off this amount anytime soon so ideally want to pay the absolute minimum possible, also straight from my benefits if i can. they have asked me how much i want to pay. Should i just be up front with them and tell them this?

Thanks. (again)

IMHO yes

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wont be paying off this amount anytime soon so ideally want to pay the absolute minimum possible, also straight from my benefits if i can. they have asked me how much i want to pay. Should i just be up front with them and tell them this?

Thanks. (again)

Its for you to negotiate the best terms that are affordable and maintainable

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again.

I never did get any reply back from the solicitor after i told them i wanted to pay the minimum possible and the court date has been and gone and ive heard nothing from the claimant, their solicitor or the court.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

What is the trial date ? (Refer to your Notice of Allocation.....the one that contained details of submitting a witness statement )

Andy

So the trial has been and gone ...did you attend ?

No i didn't attend because of Agraphobia, but i had agreed to an out of court settlement almost with claimants solicitor but they never replied to my last email and that was a few weeks before the court date.

oppss...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No i didn't attend because of Agraphobia, but i had agreed to an out of court settlement almost with claimants solicitor but they never replied to my last email and that was a few weeks before the court date.

Ah yes...ring the court and ask for an update...did the hearing go ahead.....what was the outcome....will you be getting a Notice ?

no

you won!

and they

nope not allowed 2 bites of the same cherry.

and they

Thread title amended.

Regards

Andy

well possibly might owe the money but if they cant be bothered to put it before a judge

one wonders if you actually do.

they can send all the scary letters they like

and use even scarier DCA's

but....

and they

Cant do anything without a CCJ...cant even issue a Stat Demand as its less than 5K.:-)

Matter closed then as far as im concerned. Couldn't be happier especially with the unexpected outcome. Their defence paperwork was quite impressive tbh and im at a loss as to why they didn't turn up. My last email was picked up by a colleague of whoever i was talking to initially about settling out of court i can only assume some kind of internal oversight in their offices.

A big well deserved thank you to all those that chipped in with guidance and helping me to learn the basics in case i ever find myself in a similar position again. And a special thank you to Andyorch and dx100uk in particular. Ive made a small donation to the forum.

Thanks again.

:yo::yo:

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Southern Water/SHULMANS claimform***Claim Struck Out***