• Tweets

• Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • India has thousands of small gold refineries which are facing more competition from big players.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

log book loans - can i sell the car?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

of course we called them as soon as we got the lettter..their attutde was we r taking your car unless u pay..the car has been arrange to be moved to my uncles secure garage in surrey at 6pm..

i think they want my car ...its a merc so i think they will do anything to get their hands it [edit]..they have been done to sell the vehicle at closed auctiona..they r so currupt..i currently talking to th evening standard and the bbc watchdog about this..looking to take legal advice tomorrow and then prepare this for court ..let the judge decide as iut appears u cannot talk to these so called people. the judge alone will hopefully see how many complaints their r and the fact the paperwork clearly states interest is every 30 days.they have top loaded it even though it states every 3o days.

the documents were signed in a pub car park ,no letter either offering me the standard 7 day cancellation period..they simply do as they wish.also the docuentation is supposed to be witnessed by a solcitor but again they lie about this fact..

they r going to come unstuck this time and will be claiming in court the same level of interest and admin fees they charge..plus all legal costs too.never mind the unforceable apr that they charge..also by law they r not entitled to hold your v5..we asked them to post it back and they refused ,so we have applied for a duplicate from the dvla their is no tracker on my car either as we refused them fit it on the gounds they do not own the vehicle which by law they dont.they also asked for my spare key but again we refused..sdo they think we r totally stupid..

god they r gonna get [edit] in court..we spoke with the firm u recc earlier on ,,the solcitor couldnt believe it.. said we had case for un proper conduct of the consumer credit act as well the un forceable apr and the agreement is floored apparntly..the solicitor is looking into this, as i write .

how long it will take to get to court im unsure but now im enthused with confidence and cant wait t oget them in court,not that they will turn up ..but then i will have the pleasure of sending the baliffs in too them..god i cant wait.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I was going to say they may have put a tracker on without you realising I remember the guy from Log Book had to look over my car inside the bonnet etc , so could have put it on without me knowing but then my car was only worth £4000.00 and I only borrowed £1500.00 so I doubt it , but if you say it will be inside a garage then I guess they won't be able to get it out anyway? I'm glad the Solicitor has been helpful.

This is a major tactic they use, they wait for any excuse to take your car and refuse to offer payment arrangements or any real explination what is going on. In my case they lied about the repayments before I even took the loan so I was never ever going to be able to pay them, they just had to sit back and wait.

They have no procedures or customer service, from the moment you take out the loan they make everything difficult, they don't care less wether you pay or not, as far as they are concerned they own the car from the minute you sign up, so why bother trying to keep you happy?? Plenty of other people to sign up, you have lost your car, not like you are going to go back to them for a loan when you don't have a car!!.

Nobody I have spoken too has ever tried to get out of paying what they borrowed, they come accross all high and mighty saying 'we gave you money and we are taking what is ours' but their service is aimed totally at vunrable people who have had difficulties in the past and they are just taking advantage of other peoples misfortune and making huge profits in the process.

If you think I have helped hop on the scales. If I was useless best to keep quiet me thinks:D

This all sounds a bit dodgy to me, I would keep the car, repay the finance and then sell it.

Or...Sell the car and clear the finance.

Just a thought, you don't wanna get into any trouble here.

Also, The V5 states the the Registered Keeper of the Vehicle, is not necessaraly the Owner?

Good luck anyway.

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

it does appear vjr offers no input at all. as u said he appears to gloat

as i said i will keep u updated curlysmum-caprikid..

and for those who want to know email me privately.this way we can keep prying eyes off this message board...

as i said earlier im boosted by the solicitors phone conversation today..

may be others cant afford legal help but hence my father in law is funding the cost not that we will loose ...unlawful may be ok on the streets but in a court of law lbl our a disgrace with no business moral or ethics..just a bunch of thugs and bribed kids on the phone.

I would be very wary of people that offer help via any other way than in view of all on these threads,plus the fact that it is not allowed as per rules and it could be construed as touting for business gains and or other means! we shall see?.:D

As for input i was the one that started it all here many moons ago and my experience goes back too 1998/9 to date, the one thing i have learnt is that some people just dont learn nor take advice.:eek:

Rant over'ish?

Regards.

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

To VJR - Your experiences of Logbook Loans going back to '98/'99 mean that you have had dealings with a very different company to the Logbook Loans of today. At that time, Logbook Loans was a series of disparate franchises operating under the banner. It is now (with the exception of 3 or 4 small franchises) one company covering the majority of the UK. If you have any helpful suggestions, I recommend that you post.

I would be very wary of people that offer help via any other way than in view of all on these threads,plus the fact that it is not allowed as per rules and it could be construed as touting for business gains and or other means! we shall see?.:grin:
I seem to recall you asking for PMs including copies of documentation from LBL, postal redirection forms etc not too long ago, and being asked to desist by the moderators. I think that your advice to be wary is excellent counsel....

If, as you say, you have taken Logbook Loans "to book" do you not think that any points of their agreements that were found to be unenforceable in your particular case would have been rectified? Logbook Loans are not that stupid as to not do that.

(That's not to say that there are no points unenforceable in their agreements, or rendered so by the actions of their representatives, but anything previously proven to be so would definitely have been rectified)

You will see that I have offered general advice in response to PMs received, but have posted the answers in the open forum for all to see without identifying the parties concerned. I have nothing to hide.

To VJR - Your experiences of Logbook Loans going back to '98/'99 mean that you have had dealings with a very different company to the Logbook Loans of today. At that time, Logbook Loans was a series of disparate franchises operating under the banner. It is now (with the exception of 3 or 4 small franchises) one company covering the majority of the UK. If you have any helpful suggestions, I recommend that you post.

Snipped

Read my post again it states from 1998/9 to date?.:grin:

Regards.

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

from your post of 13th November 2006

LBL Ltd have a main address to which the company is registered as required by law,the others are all franchised out thats why they appear to be a national company just like cash converters,which is essentially a franchise for them also.biggrin.gif

When you try and dig up any dirt on this company try and start at the beginning with something like "Auto logbookloans"!.eek.gif

As I have told you in earlier posts, this is no longer the case and Logbook Loans (with the exception of 3 or 4 small franchisees who have yet to sell back the franchise) is controlled by one company (nine regions ltd) and has been for some time.

This post in itself shows that your frame of reference in dealing with Logbook Loans is outdated.

My other points have been neatly sidestepped by ignoring them completely. I'm not here to get into a flame war however, so I'll continue to help those that I can and not get into a "I know something you don't know" contest.

LBL

Your input to this forum has been nothing short of awesome and i am sure will have benefitted many.

As an outsider looking in (just interest, no dealings with LBL) from what i see you have no reason to justify your actions. Just my opinion but although users on this forum maybe initially frightened or worried of the situation they are in, seldom are users stupid. Just by taking a step back and reading ALL posts its easy to decipher good from not so good info.

Save your energy for posting up to date inside info, i know its valued and appreciated.

Chin up fella!!!!

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in english thank a soldier.

I just recived a e mail from the bailiffs watchdog to say that they are now closed , I was pinning all my hopes on them helping me to get the better of Log Book Loans but as they are now closed there is no more I can do .

I hope all you people have more luck than I did against LBL I tried everything I could but I now relise that going to trading standards , OFT , the police , BBC Watchdog , CAB , was no help to me whatsoever so I have had to give up .

LBL do need to be stopped and the only chance of that happening is if all of you people that have had a bad time with LBL get in touch with the OFT appart from that I fear there is not much we can do . I wish the best of luck to anyone who it trying to take LBL to court . Barbs and Nellie please keep me informed . Alex

I just had my car taken from loans 4 logbooks last night, they turned up at 1am, banged on the door and demanded the keys. They've given me a contact number with an acceptable settlement figure on it which i could scrape together today at a push. From peoples experince if i pay today will they let me have my car back?

19/02: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to A & L

20/02 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to HBoS

20/02 SAR sent to Capital One

21/02 Prem letter sent to RBS for £304

I just spoke to them and they are charging me an additional £650 for the privalage of them taking collection of my car!!! I only have 5 days to do so or it gets sold. Gutted!

Ok, rather than hijack this thread i have started my own up, "They've taken my car"

Could really do with some divine inspiration guys!

• 8 months later...

Hi there just curious, what did you do with the car!!

I am in a similar suitation with lbl, and they are trying to recover my vehicle..which is worth a lot more than there loan...

I was contacted once when they couldn't find it, since then i hace changed my number..

do you know what other action they can take!!

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am totally new to the site, so firstly a big hello to all :-)

Ok, so here's the story. My partner left me, and I had really bad credit so I took out a loan with LBL (silly I know) Anyway, in December 2007 my car was clamped at 5am in the morning by Anglia, luckily for me, my dad paid the £1800 (which I have had to pay back) but now I am struggling again and have received another final demand.

I have also just changed address and informed LBL, who said they will send out my log book so I can amend the details and then I have to send back to them.

The question I now have, is will the original bill of sale be valid as the Logbook details are now different? Does this mean I can sell the car and arrange to pay LBL their money back at a rate that I can afford? The current payments of £90 a week are crippling me.

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I am totally new to the site, so firstly a big hello to all :-)

Ok, so here's the story. My partner left me, and I had really bad credit so I took out a loan with LBL (silly I know) Anyway, in December 2007 my car was clamped at 5am in the morning by Anglia, luckily for me, my dad paid the £1800 (which I have had to pay back) but now I am struggling again and have received another final demand.

I have also just changed address and informed LBL, who said they will send out my log book so I can amend the details and then I have to send back to them.

The question I now have, is will the original bill of sale be valid as the Logbook details are now different? Does this mean I can sell the car and arrange to pay LBL their money back at a rate that I can afford? The current payments of £90 a week are crippling me.

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

No. The loan is secured on the car via the 'bill of sale' not the reg docs. However there are circumstances when you might be able to dispute the enforceability of the loan. Also if you indicate that you are having difficulties paying they will repossess the car so don't fo it - yet

LBL trawl through these forums in an effort to ID customers who are planning to stuff them so you will have to PM me for further advice & info

Is it not also a problem, whereby if you get stopped by police, and are requested to produce your documents, if this company are holding them you are then at risk of facing a criminal charge of failing to produce, where does that leave the driver

:madgrin:

Ok just read quite a few posts which state they took the V5 MOT and insurance, just wondered if this was usual practice. For these people who have handed over these documents though, they could be faced with a serious problem, for intance if you get stopped on, say friday night, you are ordered to produce documents within 7 days, you then cant contact the loan co thill the monday, they then cant be bothered sending out the needed docs = big problem potentially

:madgrin:

The police can now check your details instantly via the MIB data base - the need to carry documents other than your DL for ID purposes is no longer needed.

Nevertheless I would mention that too many motorists (about 100 per day) are having their vehicles wrongly confiscated because the MIB data base it not updated - they then have to pay £100 + to recover their vehicle.

If it ever happens to me I WILL sue either the police or my insurance broker or both for not placing my data on the MIB

• 6 months later...

In our local press there was a story of a youngle married couple who bought a car in good faith. It turns out that LBL stilled owned the car and the couple lost out on the money paid and the car.

My experience of them is terrible, I know it's all well and good saying don't give them the car as they don't have this and that but when 2 bailiffs that look like UFC fighters snatch the keys from your ignition, you call the police and police back the bailiffs, what can you really do about it except try and get the money together.