Ordered to pay costs - How do I ask the Court to be able to pay in Installments?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently fell behind with some rent payments, which I'm now paying back.

My Landlord issued a claim for possession through the courts and the hearing date is in April,

however, today I received a form 6a from the Landlord and I'm really confused!

Does this go hand in hand with the Court hearing?

It appears tactics have changed.

How do I stand with a 6a as it states 'no fault possession.

The Court claim says it's due to rent arrears.

Please could anyone shed some light on it for me?

• 2 months later...

My Landlord has recently been granted a possession order for the property I live in (it's my own fault, I just didn't have the money and then rent stacked up). I've been ordered to obviously pay the outstanding rent and also costs. The hearing was rushed through and a duty solicitor spoke on my behalf. I didn't even think about asking this question and need to know how I apply to the court to be able to pay the outstanding off in affordable amounts.

Advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Another question.

Recently at a Court Hearing I asked my Duty Solicitor if my landlord could use my Deposit to help pay off my arrears. She advised that it was best to keep quiet about this and leave it for the Landlord to bring it up with the Judge, which, they didn't.

The Judge has ordered the total amount of rent arrears to be paid, so my question is Can the Landlord use my deposit for this? It does state in my tenancy that it can be put towards rent arrears and so I'm unsure what the Solicitor was getting at.

If they use the deposit, then how is it recorded with the Court that the deposit amount has been used and should be taken off the amount claimed?

Do you still live in the rented property?

Not my area i must admit but i would find it difficult to believe they would use the deposit while you still live there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

If you have the order from the court then it will state how to pay.

If you require time to pay then you can apply for a variation on the order.

I see this in relation to your other post re: using deposit to pay arrears, im not on my pc at the moment but these require merging as the two threads are related and will cause confusion.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

3 Threads merged..please keep to one thread per issue.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou Andy for merging