Lowells claim form - old Cap1 Card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dx100uk, you are a star, thanks.

I am now not sure about the dates,

the only reason for hesitation is that I was wondering if they would mail something to me today or tomorrow.

Even though the court has said tomorrow,

that would be hard to prove as it was a phone conversation.

BTW should I really be acknowledging the relationship as in point 1?

I have never had ANY contact with Lowells, in any form.

So I wonder if I should acknowledge it now.

Edited by p_walker

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Defence cheked and amended...I wouldn't wait by the door for a response...submit it now.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

OK you are all totally right about the date, a bit scary that the court agreed with the wrong date I said three times on the phone on three separate occasions. I was using the date calculator: http://imgur.com/ucpbnPf

Re: paragraph 2, I thought 'paragraph' was referring to the points. Should I be calling them 'point'?

Paragraphs...points..... its irrelevant as long as your response connects with the claimants pleadings

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

File on mcol website

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Does everyone agree that it is correct to acknowledge the relationship now? Also, the court said email was OK, do you agree?

Also, do I write a proper email addressing the court ('Dear Judge...') to contain the defence, or literally just email the defence itself?

Edited by p_walker

yes everything is ok

file the defence on the mocol website detailed on the claimform.

no need to use email if that is working!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Use the email address in post#23 ..in your subject line head it defence and claim number....you will receive an automated response that it has been received.

Point 1 edited slightly to admit to having an agreement with Capital One..not Lowell.

Is there a reason you cant submit on line using MCOL as detailed on the claim form?

• 1 month later...

I have received a Directions Questionnaire (small claims track). Does anyone know if I can email this in or do I have to post it? Also, it says I have to 'serve copies on all other parties'. I'm not sure what this means, which other parties do they mean? Thanks.

Also, I will agree to the small claims mediation service, put my local County Court and then myself as a witness. Is all this correct?

Edited by p_walker

Post......other parties are the claimants solicitors.

" Also, I will agree to the small claims Mediation service, put my local county court and then myself as a witness. Is all this correct?"

Correct

Andy

You dont write anything..just print a copy of the DQ and post it to them.

Thank you :)

Sorry, just to clarify, as I am filling out the paper form, I can just scan in my completed form, print it and post it to their solicitors. Not the blank form, right?

why would you send a blank form to anyone...:noidea:

copy to claimants sols you can omit your sig/phone/email if you don't want them to have those...

and they

Click the following link and complete it on your PC ..looks far more professional.....then you save it ...email it...do what ever.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406099-LEGAL-N180-Directions-Questionnaire-(Small-Claims-Track)-**Correct-at-Sept-2016**

• 3 weeks later...

I have now received a slightly confusing email about mediation.

They have asked me three questions about requirements for mediation,

two of the points are as follows (the third is just about when I am available):

1.For mediation to be successful there needs to be some flexibility from all parties and a willingness to listen and consider each other’s positions.

Can you agree to this?

2. I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before I can mediate

How should I proceed from here?

They have phoned my mobile a couple of times but I was not available.

I think I have to call them back today but I don't know what I should say.

Also, the email mentioned twenty-one days from the email but further down it says they will contact me within 8 days,

I am now at the end of the eight days

so does that mean my deadline is today?

Thanks for any help.

1...yes

2....have you received copies of all the documents requested ?

If not.... no.....mediation will be cancelled and the claim proceeds to allocation.

Thanks, they have sent me a copy of the default notice (I think, the paperwork is not with me) but not the original agreement or anything else.

Do I phone mediation and say that or do I book a mediation appoinment and say the paperwork hasn't been provided?

Nevermind, I have spoken to the mediation service now and it was all made clear. Thanks for everyone's help so far.

So is mediation proceeding or not ?

Nevermind...so you wont require any help with the court directions now its proceeding to Directions ?

• 2 months later...

Hi again,

I have a date for a court hearing and have received evidence from Lowell's solicitors.

They have written a lengthy reply to my original witness statement and defence (20 points in total).

I would really appreciate some help with what to do next .

Sorry I deleted my reply before- that was a mistake.

Scan and redact and upload their WS and exhibits..then we can advise with your own WS and Disclosure...what date must you submit them by ?