Cabot/Mortimer claimform - Sainsburys credit card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not due till Friday by 4pm

let andyorch check things over.

I've tidied the thread

as that got messy and we done need others to follow that route.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Defence checked and edited.

Regards

Andy

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 months later...

nope just means its stayed.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have received no further communication regarding this.

Does that mean they've given up? If so, please move to successes :-)

Thank you all

Only threads that are discontinued or struck out or tried and won are moved to the Success forum...we have 1000s of stayed claims here in the Financial Legal Forum

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 year later...

Open

• Like 1

I've had a document pack through the post re this old claim.

They have provided some of the info requested in 2017 but notably not a default notice. Just "default notice data"

I attach the covering letter + the "default notice data"

There are around 30 other pages, mostly statement data, not copy statements, just data print outs with statement info. Not sure if this is worth mentioning.

sainsburys fishing letter page one-min.jpg

sainsburys fishing letter page 2-min.jpg

sainsburys default notice data-min.jpg

they have some nerve ....giving you 14 days to respond and yet they have waited nearly 2 years.That default summary from their own internal systems was recently dismissed on another thread as there could be no proven link to the OC or the service of a valid default notice pursuant to sect 87.1 CCA.

Andy

• Like 1

I will see If I can find it but check any Cabot thread on the 1/2/pages here marked Dismissed.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

I will see If I can find it but check any Cabot thread on the 1/2/pages here marked Dismissed.

Sorry, I haven't succeeded in finding the dismissed cabot claim in legal successes. I do like your advanced search tool btw but it's not doing it for me. Garbage in, garbage out most likely.

Not in the Legal Success Forum yet...it was in this forum...I only transfer them a few months later.

• Like 1

use the google custom search top right not the one in the red banner nor advanced.

and they

19 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

use the google custom search top right not the one in the red banner nor advanced.

I've been trawling through manually and searching on 87.1, Cabot, dismissed, default notice, default summary etc and various combinations.

No luck at all and I'm normally OK at this stuff.

On the basis of what you have uploaded which they have provided after 2 years...some cobbled together screen shot from god knows whos accounting system...do you really feel a need to reply ? If they are confident that represents proof of service of default notice then let them proceed and lift the stay.

Andy

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received this letter dated 02/05/19

Same question as usual. Should I respond? Thanks!

5cd1b6ffb891215572477430190507_174214.jpg

It's the "apply for summary judgement" part that caught my attention.

ignore

begging letter

• Like 2

and they

Did they provide the agreement as per post # 64?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Did they provide the agreement as per post # 64?

They have provided a signed credit agreement. Not sure how that links to post # 64

The letter you uploaded in post #64 states what they have disclosed.Where is the agreement have you uploaded it ?

49 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

The letter you uploaded in post #64 states what they have disclosed.Where is the agreement have you uploaded it ?

Sorry Andyorch I'm browsing on mobile and post #64 is different. This is what I see. I'll upload the agreement as PDF shortly...

Screenshot_20190508-115223_Brave~2.png

Attached agreement. They only included one page of the actual agreement. The rest seems to be a stock copy.

Edit: pdf upload failed. Only 2MB. Trying again

Edit 2: It's giving me error -200 so I'm uploading to google drive. Hope this is ok.

Agreement link:- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1djx3qpQ629xE8I8UG5LD0SZJRko-RCV9

Edited by obvious
upload problem

Well page 3 is there were they requested you sign and return......this is a pre April 2007 agreement and the prescribed terms appear to be present so would hasten to add that a court may accept that as a valid agreement.

That leaves you with only the lack of DN so should you wish to ignore and proceed you do so at the risk of getting a judge who is a stickler for section 87(1) and may possibly dismiss the claim on those grounds.

Should they follow their threat through and make application to lift and strike out /summary judgment be aware that you will cover the further costs which will be added to the claimed amount......so in effect it may be prudent to consider their last letter and try to thrash out some agreement that avoids proceeding and further costs.

Something for you to consider....as Cabot/Mortimer normally do follow through their threat.

Andy

• Like 1