Ethical Parking management ticket ignored

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

I got issued a parking charge notice in January for parking in a visitor space without a permit in Brighton in a flat block.

Was not aware that you needed permit for visitor space to.

There was 2 small signs around car park which I barely even noticed as writing was small.

My friend who lived in flats above told me to ignore it as there is nothing they can do. So I did.

The sign has the Ethical parking ltd name on.

Now got a debt collector letter which says they will suggest their client takes me to court.

I don't have original parking charge notice that was put on car as I threw it away as thought I wouldn't need it.

Would this affect me if it went to court?

Shall I carry on ignoring them?

Should I ask them for prove of parking as I don't remember getting sent a picture of car in bay?

Should I just pay £160 parking charge notice ?

I have till the 4th to pay the parking charge notice to debt collector before they suggest client goes to court.

Edited by dx100uk
fine replaced with parking charge notice X4 - dx

can you please confirm where any of the paperwork you have says the word FINE please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its not a fine, you dont have to pay anything. Theyre relying on your total lack of knowledge of parking charges.

Debt collectors have zero legal rights. Especially in this case. All they can do is send letters.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

can you read a very large bunch of the threads in this forum so you can see and understand how things are supposed to work in the parking world and also what information is needed for us to give you a considered reply to your questions.

The chances are that Ethical dont have the authority to do anything but I would start by asking whoever you visited to have a look at their lease to see what it says about parking.

No you dont pay anyone £160, especialy a dca as they have exactly the same rights than my cat to demand money.

My cat would prefer a chicken flavoured treat so if you feel as though you must do something offer the debt collectors the same and tell them why

Edited by honeybee13
Paras and typo.

can you fill this out please:

so we have all the correct info to be able to properly advise you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...