UK PArking Enforcement Agency (Parkforce)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just want to point out that although a lot of people get their tickets quietly forgotten about quite quickly, these bozos can be quite persistent. I've been back and forth with one of these **** and their debt collection agency and they're still persisting. Every now and then they send out some scary letter about taking me to court in the next few days, then I write back and say that I'll be happy to pay up as soon as they produce any evidence of a valid contract and it all goes round and round again.

To be honest, I'm quite enjoying this because it provides much amusement, and I'll be sorry when it eventually just fizzles out.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Hi, Just an update.Dvla wrote a long letter saying(amongst other things) that enquiries from private enforcement companies did represent 'reasonable cause'.

I think the point the DVLA are missing is that the company must DEMONSTRATE reasonable cause, not just claim it.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

If you look at the British Parking Association's website: http://www.britishparking.co.uk,& look under Headlines on the home page it says that from October 2007 DVLA will only disclose registration details to members of an Accredited Trade Association. At present BPA is the only accredited trade association. Parkforce is not a member of BPA.

It remains to be seen if Parkforce is a member of an association which joins by October 2007

If you look at the British Parking Association's website: www.britishparking.co.uk,& look under Headlines on the home page it says that from October 2007 DVLA will only disclose registration details to members of an Accredited Trade Association. At present BPA is the only accredited trade association. Parkforce is not a member of BPA.

It remains to be seen if Parkforce is a member of an association which joins by October 2007

I would view what the BPA say skeptically: they are themselves a bit of a [problem] organisation, so they could be saying that to serve their own interests by touting for membership.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Here's my experience of UK Parking Enforcement Agency:

Went to the Royal Free Hampstead because I was severely depressed and suicidal. Was told by the doctor to move my car to the hospital car park and they would tell them not to ticket my car. They did anyway. With the help of the hospital I got the ticket cancelled. UKPEA confirmed in writing that the ticket was cancelled, but continued sending threats of court action and baliffs and black-listed me. Have finally got a miserable excuse of an apology. If you need to go to hospital make sure UKPEA don't patrol the carpark !

Hi,

I got one of these PCN issued to me on my wifes car.

The only trouble is they are trying to recover the money from my wife and in fact they do not have a contract with her so after several letters they have backed down.

As it is contract law and you need offer, acceptance and consideration to have a contract, the only problem for the parking agencies is that they cannot prove who they have acceptance with, as the car driver is not always the owner.

So just ask them for proof of you being at the seen which they can't prove, they can only prove the car was there. bummer on them.

Think i will go and park there a few more thime just to wind them up..

ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

my father who is disabled and needs to use a wheel chair has just been given a ticket while parked in a disabled parking spot in the freeman hospital while displaying his badge. these goons even took a photo of a car and put it on the ticket only thing is the photo they put on the ticket is of a peugeot 206 and he drives a renault scenic the photo shows a the car parked next to a hut so close that if it had been his car (which it is not) he would not have been able to get out of the car. surely this is fraud. has any one got a contact telephone no for these con artists

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you.

If I hear anything from Parkforce, I shall post it here

Kilcott

Well I can tell you that ParkForce (aka "The UK Parking Enforcement Agency") are still in business. I got one of their pseudo-Official "PCN"s in a car park on a trading estate yesterday. I spoke to the guy who put the ticket on my car - he claims that he wants no-one to park there as he has regular deliveries and needs to keep the space clear for large trucks. Obviously marking the area out and making it clear that access is required and/or putting a polite notice on "offending" cars pointing out the reasons why the space needs to be clear is not good enough.

Anyway it would appear that this is also going down the breach of contract route, but I have to admit that I can't see what the contract will be based upon. The occupier (don't know if he owns the area) is not offering parking of any sort - he wants that area kept clear - so what any mythical service the contract will be based upon I just can't see.

I'm also curious as to whether Parkforce will be able to obtain my address from the DVLA.

Good to have a group like this. Any advice is welcome and I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

daytripper.

Well, I'm not sure of the netiquette of replying to one's own post but here's the follow-up.

I went and spoke again to the occupier who had issued the ParkForce "PCN" and discussed the fact that it was not enforceable. We had an amicable chat and he has agreed to withdraw the notice. I have undertaken to ensure that none of my staff or visitors make his life difficult by obstructing deliveries by parking on his area. I think this is a win/win as all he wants is to be able to take deliveries without any hassle in moving vehicles.

I'm not suggesting that all users of ParkForce are so reasonable but one has nothing to lose by adopting a reasonable approach.

Regards,

daytripper

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,just to let you know that County Parking have written a demand for payment letter to my husband( the registered owner)for the ticket I received in November 2006.(My story starts at no. 22 on this thread). They threaten debt collectors or County Court action which would incur further costs if the penalty is not paid by 27th June. After seven months!! Unbelievable! Of course I'm not going to pay it as I know it's not enforceable but I'm not sure whether to write and tell them this or just ignore it.I did write to them initially telling them they couldn't enforce it and as I heard nothing for four months I assumed I wouldn't hear any more from them.They also say in the letter that "if this vehicle was on hire to another individual or company at the time of issue of the notice, please provide the full name, address and postcode of the person appearing to be responsible for the vehicle at the time of issue of the notice to us in writing to the address below".

Any advice anyone?

B

BELLA 47

If you have already written to them and pointed out that the registered keeper is not liable then ignore them. The registered keeper is under no obligation to supply them with the information that they have asked for.

Hi everyone,

I've just joined this forum to tell of my experience with Parkforce. I was given a ticket but the registration number was incorrect. To appeal I had to pay the fine and then surprise surprise my appeal was rejected. In spite of my threat to take them to the small claims court they refused to allow the appeal so I claimed on-line. They did not contest the claim and I won but on instructing bailiffs, I find that they have gone out of business. A check with Companies House reveals Parkforce company have been dissolved, no doubt to start up with a different name with the same threats etc. Where do I go now? I have won but am £160 or so out of pocket!!

• 3 weeks later...

They are definately back in business as my husband received a 'Penalty Charge Ticket' from The UK Parking Enforcement Agency on the 4th July. It states that this is a trading name for Wilsea Sevices Ltd Company Number 04413565.

My husband has a permit for his car to park in the said car park, but had borrowed my car to pick something up and was given this ticket in the one hour he was parked there. The land owner has refused to cancel the ticket although she knows that he has a permit for our other car.

My car is a company car - will they still be able to get my details from the DVLA?

Simster,

Your main concern is your company receiving the invoice and then paying it and subsequently adding an admin charge and giving you the bill. You need to inform whoever deals with vehicle matters in your company that under no circumstances are they to pay this "penalty" and to simply write to them and inform them that as registered keeper they are not liable.

You might have to battle a bit with your company and keep on reminding them, but just get the information from this forum about private parking ( you could even print off the sticky at the top) and tell them not to pay it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

After the last demand in June, I wrote to County Parking on behalf of my husband(the registered keeper) and pretending to be him,I told them that I did not know who was driving the car on that day so I trusted that that was an end to the matter.My husband received another letter today(3/8/2007)with two photos of the car parked in the offending space.The letter said that as he had not given the name and address of the driver, they have to assume that he will be taking responsibility for the parking notice and that failure to respond within seven days will result in further action being taken through their legal department incurring further costs and interest.I think I will just ignore this one, but their persistence with unlawful threats and demands is beginning to really **** me off!!If I hear any more from them I will be writing to the relevant parties i.e. Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading and the police.Is anyone else having problems with County Parking?

Bella

BELLA 47

• 2 weeks later...

Another letter received 11/8/2007 this one threatening 'further recovery procedures' and adding £10 admin costs and a threat to add another £10 if fine is not paid within seven days.These private companies are very confident of their powers to write to people in this way. I can only assume it's because a lot of people must give in to their demands when they are threatened with further action, costs etc.Anyway I've reported them to the Office of Fair Trading, the Cambridge Tradings Standards Office and I've written the DVLA another letter strongly protesting about their disclosure of my details to County Parking especially after I'd asked them not to.I also threatened the DVLA with legal action if I find I have a legitimate case.I wrote to County Parking telling them about laws of contract etc also about how the driver is responsible, not the keeper etc, of course they know this anyway but try it on all the time because they get away with it.I told them I'd reported them and written to the DVLA about them. So we'll see what happens now.I suppose if they still keep on I'll inform the police and write to my MP, what else can I do?

Bella

BELLA 47

Another letter received 11/8/2007 this one threatening 'further recovery procedures' and adding £10 admin costs and a threat to add another £10 if fine is not paid within seven days.These private companies are very confident of their powers to write to people in this way. I can only assume it's because a lot of people must give in to their demands when they are threatened with further action, costs etc.Anyway I've reported them to the Office of Fair Trading, the Cambridge Tradings Standards Office and I've written the DVLA another letter strongly protesting about their disclosure of my details to County Parking especially after I'd asked them not to.I also threatened the DVLA with legal action if I find I have a legitimate case.I wrote to County Parking telling them about laws of contract etc also about how the driver is responsible, not the keeper etc, of course they know this anyway but try it on all the time because they get away with it.I told them I'd reported them and written to the DVLA about them. So we'll see what happens now.I suppose if they still keep on I'll inform the police and write to my MP, what else can I do?

Bella

Personally, I would write to them one more time (actually I would ignore them but it's good to be seen to be givng them every opportunity to go away) and mention that you have previously pointed out the unenforcibility of their charge to them and that you will not be paying it.

Point out that continuing to pursue payment of a sum of money by threat of legal proceedings, or any other form of menace, that the creditor knows is not lawfully due may constitute blackmail and criminal harassment both of which are arrestable offences carrying serious penalties. That being the case you will inform the police should you recieve any further communication from them.

Also, make it clear that should you recieve ANY further communication from them you will charge them £5 for every letter you have to waste your time reading, £1 per minute for any phone calls you have to make or recieve and £25 for every occasion you have to write back to them, and that by instigating further communications they are accepting those charges. Send the letter recorded delivery.

In the event that they persevere and attempt to send private collectors to your door do this; firstly, do not speak to them. Keep a note printed in large print by your front door so it's immediately to hand, this way you won't have to remember what to say. It should read something to the effect of;

"YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A SUM OF MONEY WHICH IS NOT LAWFULLY DUE. THIS HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR TO xxxxcompany BY ME ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS.

ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO COLLECT THIS MONEY BY THE USE OF A THREAT OR MENACE (INCLUDING A THREAT OF LEGAL ACTION FOR NON-PAYMENT) WILL CONSTITUTE THE CRIMINAL OFFENCE OF BLACKMAIL AND I WILL EXCERCISE MY POWERS OF ARREST UNDER COMMON LAW AND PACE.

YOU ARE TO LEAVE THESE PREMESIS IMMEDIATELY - FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RENDER YOU A TRESPASSER AND I WILL USE REASONABLE FORCE TO EJECT YOU FROM THE PREMESIS. REMAINING ON THE PREMESIS FOR THE PURPOSES OF PURSUING THIS UNENFORCIBLE DEBT IS AGGRAVATED TRESSPASS AND WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION FOR DAMAGES BEING INSTIGATED AGAINST YOUR EMPLOYER"

Send a copy of that to them with your letter.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

"YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A SUM OF MONEY WHICH IS NOT LAWFULLY DUE. THIS HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR TO xxxxcompany BY ME ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS.

ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO COLLECT THIS MONEY BY THE USE OF A THREAT OR MENACE (INCLUDING A THREAT OF LEGAL ACTION FOR NON-PAYMENT) WILL CONSTITUTE THE CRIMINAL OFFENCE OF BLACKMAIL AND I WILL EXCERCISE MY POWERS OF ARREST UNDER COMMON LAW AND PACE.

Excellent, but I would leave out the part that says including threat of legal action. They have a right to disagree and to pursue the debt through lawful and appropriate channels, which would be by taking legal action.

Excellent, but I would leave out the part that says including threat of legal action. They have a right to disagree and to pursue the debt through lawful and appropriate channels, which would be by taking legal action.

The point is though that the debt in question doesn't exist. No one has a right to pursue a debt that you know is unenforcible at law. If the debt is enforcible then they have the right to use menaces, such as a threat of legal action, to get it. Making a demand for money by using menaces is the crime of blackmail, unless the use of such menaces is reasonable and using menaces to pursue something you have no right to in law can never be reasonable by any stretch of the imagination.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

It probably won't affect what they do much anyway. I would just be concerned as coming across too scared by the threats. I just don't think threatening court can be blackmail: it is the one appropriate remedy they do have and in every case there is a winner and loser. Wrong as they are, they may believe their charge is enforceable and it can't be determined for certain without a ruling.

Also, don't threaten to charge them for letters etc, as 1) It's unenforcable for the same reasons as their tickets, and therefore quite hypocritical, and 2) it is giving them permission to contact you as consideration, which is the very thing to be avoided as it cannot be consistent with a claim of harassment.

Not seen any posts from the guy from UK PEA.

He's probably busy preparing the Company's Accounts:

WILSEA SERVICES LIMITED

36 CHESTER SQUARE

ASHTON UNDER LYNE

LANCASHIRE OL6 7TW

Company No. 04413565

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 10/04/2002

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

9305 - Other service activities

Accounting Reference Date: 30/09

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2005 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/07/2007 OVERDUE

Last Return Made Up To: 10/04/2007

Next Return Due: 08/05/2008

Last Members List: 10/04/2007

Previous Names:No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks