BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi I hope all are ok in these trying times. I assume most of us will be in the same situation with employment etc. I am obviously still intending to follow through my complaint against MB. However I do have to make decisions as I have found myself as will most people at this time left with a reduced minimal income, with all I can forsee is an impending up hill struggle for the forceable future. So not sure what, if any options I still have, I am presuming VT was only an option earlier on and a court CO excludes that option, I cant continue to honour the finance payments and cant even begin to estimate any timescales I would be again financially stable. So im basically trapped but want, no I need to get rid of MB all together, they can have the car and I learned the expensive way! MB recently emailed a letter (which is copied below) in it they refer to a recent termination, this is the part that is very confusing as its my understanding they terminated the agreement in March 17. They also inform they have placed the collections on hold, but then heres the cheeky bit, they do however want me to basically store the vehicle, tax and insure it, as per the agreement (the agreement that they already state was terminated) until they continue with their collection process; Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic currently affecting the UK and wider world, we’re emailing to update you on what will now happen regarding the collection of your vehicle, following the termination of your Moneybarn vehicle finance agreement. We won’t be collecting the vehicle at this time Normally, following termination of your agreement, we would arrange for an inspection and collection of the vehicle. However because of the current Government imposed lockdown, we are not currently able to collect vehicles until further notice. What will happen next? Nothing for the moment. We’ll contact you as soon as there are any developments in the Government’s stance and we know that we’re able to resume our normal vehicle collection activity. What do you need to do? We would appreciate if you can please keep the vehicle taxed and insured for the time being, as per the terms and conditions of your finance agreement. We hope this information is helpful and clear. Please stay safe and well, and if you need to contact us with any questions, please check out the latest information on the best way to reach us at So they state termination, then expect to lay down instructions for me to comply with as per my finance agreement T&Cs. To look after the vehicle that they do intend to continue collection of. If everythings terminated and in other words I have no right to the vehicle, Im not prepared to comply with instructions in line with a non existant agreement (I dont have to) and have a good mind to charge them storage. However l would much rather just leave the car, send off V5 to change ownership and be done with it and consentrate on getting justice for their mistreatment.   
    • No it isn't funny, but there have been murmurs on Social media, dfesn't take much for twitterati and FaceBork to go off on one. Some in our area have been on about shooting the Goats in case they spread the virus, people in a panic are unpredictable.
    • If she has had a note from the NHS saying she is vulnerable and should shield, then she should stay at home, and there are special regulations for this   If not, she has choices a) go to work; asking for a copy of the risk assessment, and how she will be able to be at less risk than usual b) see a GP about her stress and get signed off c) resign   Lots of people are anxious about the current situation. Lots of people also work alone in offices or far away from people or at home.     What people don't get to do, is expect their employer to keep paying them in full, for no work, because they are anxious. So, she needs to choose. I think b) seems right for her, but tat's just based on what you have said, and no idea what her job is.
    • So next knee jerk cull all pets? Maybe the Urban Fox populastion could spread it  there arfe many viruses that spread between animals,  but don't jump to humans Don't think they would be that draconian
  • Our picks

stu007

'Why I went to court for my disability payments'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1057 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

'Why I went to court for my disability payments'

The number of people going to court to try to win back a key disability benefit is expected to continue to rise this year, a leaked letter seen by the BBC suggests. We follow one woman who took her case to tribunal.

Debbie Neal was diagnosed with a rare kidney disease 10 years ago. She takes dozens of pills each morning to manage her symptoms - sickness, high blood pressure and seizures.

She may well need a transplant in future.

For the moment, she has to empty excess fluid from a tube attached to her stomach, and replace it with new liquid from a bag, five times a day.

"It is a burden," she tells the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme. "They say, 'Don't let it affect your life,' but you can only live your life to a point.

"I can't even remember what it was like not doing it."

READ MORE HERE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39745403

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It's an awful system. It should go back to the way it was. Yes, I only received lower mobility DLA, (about £36 a week less) but there was logic there.

There's no logic here at all. How can you decide in 30 minutes - 1 hour what someone's disabilities are really like? It was decided somehow, I don't have hearing problems because I wasn't saying pardon every 2 minutes. So, why the hell do I have so many letters from ENT / Audiology then?

DWP don't believe I have any difficulties communicating. Yet. the friend who was present and both parents will tell you the opposite.

I now find myself in the crap situation of my needs have changed; but knowing how illogical they are, (I've come across people who've said their conditions have become worse, informed DWP and they've lost everything) I may have to leave it.

Nystagmite - I imagine there are many people who are frightened to say their conditions have worsened JIC the assessors decide otherwise and the applicant will lose what they already have - so they simply stay under the radar - suffering !

Very wrong indeed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Nystagmite I too have issues communicating at a normal level in the real world. Unless I can spend hours/days/weeks and sometimes months studying a response, 'live' conversations on standard topics crucify me big time,, but when allowed to study for a time I can deal with it. Probably like you I get very confused very quickly then turn mean, because I cannot be fully understood properly....

Here we can take time that others can do instantly, this is why it is difficult for us and I hate to use this word 'normal' people take it for granted that we too are 'normal' but sadly we are not...

citizenB: I fully agree with what you say, one day I can do a thing easily then the next I cannot, that is the long and short of it. Simply put if the DWP continue to assume that every condition is written down and EVERYONE is affected the same way then things will continue to deteriorate for the claimant.

We are not a book that states this IS what it is we are individuals and different as are our disabilities....

Simply put how can we prove a negative?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Most of what you're saying sounds familiar, Mikey. Unfortunately for me, I was seen on a "good day". The assessment did not take into account that there's a huge difference between sitting in a quiet room with 2 people (assessor and friend) and normal everyday life where you're sat in a room with maybe several people and quite a lot of noise. (such as doctor's waiting room) The latter being physically painful for me. But no, because the former is ok, I've got no such issues, apparently.

I have a long list of rare medical problems (I was even asked what one of them was...) and I know they don't have a clue what they are.

Like you, most of my conditions vary. DWP unaccepted this under DLA (they wrote this on my award notice) but not under PIP it seems. Everything appeared to be based on that one day when I appeared to be functioning ok. You can't make a decision based on that. My hospital letters pretty much stated the opposite. They were written over several appointments. (roughly 1-2 months apart)

Because of the way the questions were worded, (you have to word things in a certain way for me to understand them) it was assumed I have no problems with language. But my friend said I take things literally. Actually, most people who know me will tell you the same thing.