Builder walked off with deposit

rob1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I needed to get my drive block paved, a friend had just had his done and was pleased. I called the chap and he came over gave me a quote and said he could start in 7 days. Showed me various pictures of work and his FB page. Gave him £1300 upfront via bacs for materials. He gave me his address on the quote and I have various text messages of him discussing the deposit and when he is starting work. He said he would be over on the Friday, then text to say his mother had died so he would need a couple of days to sort things out, then another text saying he was sorting funeral stuff off, final text was he was coming Tuesday just gone but no show and wont answer calls or texts. Found couple of things on the net of him ripping people off.

I need the help and advice off CAG please.

I know where he lives. The house is actually for sale and the pics on right move tie in with whats on his facebook pictures.

As all your attempts of contact have failed, I would start legal proceedings before he sells his house.

To slow his sale down you could get some people interested, make offers, delay the survey and then pull out.

That should give you enough time to get a charge on his house and if he's remortgaging, get a spanner through the works.

Also if you play it well you should get his solicitor's detail so to advice them of the charge.

This should give you a better chance to get your money back, especially because the bank won't lend money to someone with a ccj.

All of this is subject to you winning in court.

You could try going to the police and report this fraud (because this is what it is), but they will most likely use their favourite punchline: CIVIL MATTER.

Worth a try though, just in case you get a real police officer to stop this bloke.

The house, I think, is his girlfriends, so not his house, wouldnt that make a difference? Its a house from her previous marriage but I believe he is living there and parks his car on the drive every night.

He has ripped people off before from various googling so i doubt he is able to get a mortgage.

The house, I think, is his girlfriends, so not his house, wouldnt that make a difference? Its a house from her previous marriage but I believe he is living there and parks his car on the drive every night.

He has ripped people off before from various googling so i doubt he is able to get a mortgage.

So in other words he's got no assets.

Wave goodbye to your money then.

Unless you want to handle it the old way.