Car Damaged Crossing Swing Bridge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon,

Can anyone please help, i was driving home last night and crossed a swing bridge on Chester Road Warrington, when i crossed the joint between the bridge and the main carriageway i felt a crack from under my car. i inspected the car and found both coil springs have snapped at the same time.

I have looked into the joint on the bridge and found they are not level and in fact found the bridge road 22mm lower than the main carriageway, i have reported the issue to the council who have replying stating its not there bridge and pasted me to Peel Ports, i have reported the issue to them as well.

I have had my car inspected by my local garage and they have confirmed both from coil springs have snapped and need replacing, the cost of the work will be £180.00, my question is can i claim off Peel Ports ?

Well after sending the detailed photos to the owner of the bridge showing the bridge open to traffic and clearly at different levels they have confirmed in writing by email they are happy to pay for all the repairs and have requested for the bridge to be inspected by there engineers.

Super fast reply from the owners :whoo: