American Airlines delays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has recently been on a trip to America, his flights were booked through BA although the actual planes were supplied and operated by American Airlines.

His itinerary was to fly from Manchester to Heathrow, Heathrow to Chicago and finally Chicago to Cedar Rapids. The return filghts were a reverse of the above.

On return, the Cedar Rapids flight was delayed by 1 1/2 hrs causing him to miss the chicago to heathrow connection.

He was put into a hotel as the next available filght was jot fir another 21hrs and flew direct to manchester. He was offered no food or water, just a hotel voucher.

Now i dont have any experience at all with this type of situation but he lost a day recovering from jet lag and this meant he was due back in work without having time to properly recover from the jet lag.

Any pointers would be immensely appreciated.

Edited by martin2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Yes he had travel insurance but hasnt made any claim regarding this.

The booking was with BA but the flights were American Airlines and Eagle Star.

It was the return Eagle star hop from Iowa to chicago, around an hour flight which was delayed by an hour and a half, this delay meant he missed his chicago to heathrow flight and the next one was 21 hrs later albeit direct to manchester.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

My son has recently been on a trip to America, his flights were booked through BA although the actual planes were supplied and operated by American Airlines.

His itinerary was to fly from Manchester to Heathrow, Heathrow to Chicago and finally Chicago to Cedar Rapids. The return filghts were a reverse of the above.

On return, the Cedar Rapids flight was delayed by 1 1/2 hrs causing him to miss the chicago to heathrow connection.

He was put into a hotel as the next available filght was jot fir another 21hrs and flew direct to manchester. He was offered no food or water, just a hotel voucher.

Now i dont have any experience at all with this type of situation but he lost a day recovering from jet lag and this meant he was due back in work without having time to properly recover from the jet lag.

Any pointers would be immensely appreciated.

My apologies, the booking was nothing to do with BA, he has sent me the paperwork over and it was booked through AA via an agent in london.

The same principle applies tho, all flights were booked with AA but some operated by AA and Eagle Star, all had AA flight numbers and were on the same booking.

So firstly, should i be contacting the agent who made his booking or AA directly?

This all appears on the surface to be covered under EU (261/2004) regulations.

Is the Broker/Agent a member of ABTA? https://abta.com/

ABTA Partner - Brokers and Underwriters: https://abta.com/services-for-business/become-a-member/approved-bond-suppliers

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No not ABTA, ATOL and IATA

Or rather if they are, its not relevant to this particular booking.

Thanks for that info.

The issue I see is that the delay happened on the return leg only which I assume was AA and was only 1 1/2 hrs, the problem is it is outside of the EU regulation for delayed flights due to where the actual delay happened.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

US consumer protection for flight delays/cancellations is notoriously poor. As stu007 says, the (much better) EU Regulations don't apply in this instance (because the delayed flight didn't leave from an EU airport, or was on an EU-headquarted carrier - only one of those criteria need apply). Even if youd booked with BA, this wouldn't matter: it's the airline operating the flight that counts. You might get some airlines with Eagle Star at best.

Its worth a shot at AA i think, worst case is he gets nothing, which he gets if he does nothing so nothing to lose in trying.